Can't start TV (Blackgold DVB-T tuner card) (1 Viewer)

itm

Portal Pro
October 15, 2005
TV-Server Version: 1.10.0 (just upgraded from 1.7.1)
MediaPortal Version: As above
MediaPortal Skin: Titan
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 240e
HDD: 500 mb
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard: Asus M4A785D-M PRO
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Video Card Driver: 8.970.100.7000
Sound Card: Onboard
1. TV Card: Blackgold DVB-T2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 8.1.0.0

I just tried using the TV service for the first time in several months, but got an "Unknown error has occurred" a few seconds after selecting a TV channel in MP (I was running MP 1.7.1 hotfix). I then tried opening Windows Media Centre and it seemed to have no problems accessing the tuner, so it seems that there's no problem with the tuner hardware. I tried going into TV Config and re-scanned the channels (it seemed to find plenty), but still got the "unknown error" whenever I selected a channel (after stopping and starting the TV service)

I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade to MP 1.10, so stopped the TV Service, downloaded and performed the ugrade, then tried to use the TV service again, This time I was unable to turn the TV tuner on at all - clicking on the "TV On" button just beeps and doesn't do anything. I've attached logs from the TV service.

Any ideas??

Attachments

• tvlog2.zip
    5.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello itm

The log files don't show any problems... but they're also incomplete (no MediaPortal logs or settings) and don't show any tune attempts.
    Please use the watchdog tool with option 1 or 2 to reproduce the problem:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Use the watchdog to start MP.
    Try to start TV a few times.
    Close MP.
    Attach the zip file that the watchdog creates.

Thanks,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

You're trying to turn TV on without having selected a channel. That won't work. Select a channel from either the full or mini-guide.
    [2015-03-24 20:55:03,226] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): channel==null

itm

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2005
    Doh! The upgrade wiped my channels and I hadn't noticed (is that expected behaviour?). Anyway I can now access the TV channels - many thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom