Can't Turn Up Volume after resuming from S3 (1 Viewer)

korsbæk

December 6, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
TV-Server Version: RC4
MediaPortal Version: RC4
MediaPortal Skin: xface
Windows Version: Vista sp1
CPU Type: Intel E8400
HDD: Seagate F1 750gb
Memory: 2048mb pc2-6400
Motherboard: ASUS P5E-V HDMI
Video Card: ASUS P5E-V HDMI
Video Card Driver: 15.9.0.1472
Sound Card: ASUS P5E-V HDMI
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: V6015404
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow-rev1946_20080421
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow-rev1946_20080421
h.264 Video Codec: Powerdvd 8
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cable tv - Yousee
HTPC Case: HFX mini
Cooling: HFX BorgFX® CPU deluxe
Power Supply: HFX EF28 external fanless 280W
Remote: Microsoft rc6
TV: Sony Kdl-40d3500
TV - HTPC Connection: Hdmi

Hey
Hope you can fix this problem. The problem were also in RC3

The way to provoke to problem.
goto config. change volume settings to logarithmic. Start MP, listen to music, put the pc into S3, turn on the pc again and listen to music, then you can not turn up the volume.

Hope you can fix it. Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi and Welcome to MP.

Thorough report, many thanks for that, but unfortunately Vista has many foibles\oddities that have required us to use the Vista setting in MP config.

So atm, please use this.

Regards

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    if this vista setting is going to be kept, could I suguest it should be a checkbox so that the other settings can be used in vista mode. I for example would like to use the custom setting to get a lot finer volume control (I go to 35 steps, I think the default is about 8). actualy I would like to see my volume settings as default but as they probably don't fit anybody elses system that probbably won't happen. A checkbox enabling vista mode for the custom settings would be good.

also, the wave/master volume setting doesn't apply to vista - they both do the same thing.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thorough report, many thanks for that, but unfortunately Vista has many foibles\oddities that have required us to use the Vista setting in MP config.

I know no Vista oddities :) The different volume behavior is just a difference (improvement on Vista side) how the volume is handled. All applications can have own volume setting and much more.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    to a degree, it is the same thing in XP, if you use the wave volume control with the master volume set to 50% then the lowedest you can go with the wave volume control will be 50% total volume, dispite the wave control saying 100%. now the master volume limits the total system volume (same as XP) but the individual volumes (for programs now rather than wave) show only how lowed they are as a total system volume (can not be higher than the master volume). so though the vista imporvments seem very different they are partly just a diferent way of looking at the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom