CECRemote [0.9.7] (1 Viewer)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Is it right that TV won't go into standby when PC enters away mode?

For example:

I'm watching a show, decide to record it and go from home.

I press standby button on remote conroller and PC enters away mode because a recording is current.

Currently the TV stays on.

I would like to know if this is the designed way to work.

Thanks

Is remote controller in this case something else than TV remote? There isn't currently separate detection for away mode, I consider supporting this in the future versions.

I hope my BSOD's are also solved with the new firmware.
What BSOD's do you get?

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is remote controller in this case something else than TV remote? There isn't currently separate detection for away mode, I consider supporting this in the future versions.

I use an MCE RC6 remote (similar like this one) to control mediaportal because my TV remote (philips) is too basic and misses many functions I need.
    I use the green button to sleep my PC and to resume from standby.

What BSOD's do you get?

That bug is covered in the pulse eight forum's.
    It is probably a windows related driver issue. The BSOD's only occour with restarting the system or shutdown.
    When all software which uses the cec device are shut off before restarting the system, these BSOD's don't happen.For now I can live with it because my system rarely restarts because I use sleep (S3).

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    That bug is covered in the pulse eight forum's.

It is probably a windows related driver issue. The BSOD's only occour with restarting the system or shutdown.

When all software which uses the cec device are shut off before restarting the system, these BSOD's don't happen.For now I can live with it because my system rarely restarts because I use sleep (S3).

I had a maybe similar issue while ago, windows crashing with usb_bug_code (maybe 0xfe) when restarting. It wasn't however related to any software using the device, it happened always if the device was just connected to USB port. If I remember correctly it was caused by faulty Microsoft driver (usbser.sys).

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tuomaa, this plug-in is excellent. I've had the pulse 8 device for some time and tried an mce tray tool with it but I found that it wasn't very stable. I decided to dust it off today, upgrade the firmware and look for a MP plug-in. Which I found thanks to you. So far it has been very good. On feature I'd like to request is the option to send active source command when ever the AVR/TV powers up. Reason is - I keep my MP PC running all the time and if I turn the TV off it needs to have the active source sent to it again for all the remote commands to work after it comes back on.

Or maybe I can download the source code and try to add this feature my self if you don't have time.

Thank you very much for your effort on this great plug-in :D

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @mcraenz Thanks for the feedback.

... if I turn the TV off it needs to have the active source sent to it again for all the remote commands to work after it comes back on.
    This actually sounds like a bug, could you provide logs covering TV OFF -> TV ON (with "extensive logging" checked).

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Delete MediaPortal log file.
    2. Load MediaPortal - Remote is working as it should
    3. Power off TV (Also causes AVR to power off via CEC)
    4. Power on TV (Also causes AVR to power on via CEC)
    5. Remote is working as it should....hmmm ok it seems to be working now.
    6. Exit MediaPortal.

I've attached the log anyway for interest in case the issue comes back.
    But is this the right log? I can't seem to find much in there about CEC but I couldn't see a cecremote log file. And I do have extended logging turned on.

Cheers,
    mcraenz

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No wait. My testing wasn't thorough enough. Here we go:

1. Delete MediaPortal log file.
    2. Load MediaPortal - Remote is working as it should
    3. Power off TV (Also causes AVR to power off via CEC)
    4. Power on TV (Also causes AVR to power on via CEC)
    5. Remote is working as it should except some buttons like 'Guide' and 'Option' which normally brings up the Info (F9) menu but now brings up a menu native to the TV (Panason Viera VT30). Actually I think the only thing that works is basic navigation.
    6. Exit MediaPortal.
    7.Load MediaPortal remote is working as it should again.
    8.Exit MediaPortal and attach log.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    But is this the right log? I can't seem to find much in there about CEC but I couldn't see a cecremote log file. And I do have extended logging turned on.
    Log file is correct, I forgot to mention that MediaPortal log level should also be set to debug.

Btw, Is the hdmi cable from CEC-adapter connected to AVR or TV?

Malard

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I hope Pulse accepts returns, even though it's not their fault. $50 is a lot to pay for an inferior topbar, but I'll use it for a while to see how it goes.

Volume is the big loss, not interfering with PC mouse use is the big win.

With CEC, volume only gets sent to an "Audio Device" i.e. an Amplifier, it won't get sent to your MP box as its not an Audio Device[DOUBLEPOST=1365514992][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have a question. With the TV Remote only these Buttons works: Up, Down, Right, Left and Select. My System is a LG Tv and a Onkyo AVR. But I need the back button because without this function I can't navigate in Mediaportal. Why is probably the only work these buttons? If this is not supported by the amplifier or the TV? Or is it the software or the CEC Bridge ?

LG are incredibly bad with their CEC support, sadly nothing we can do to improve the number of keys that get sent through

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom