megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa and CEC-Remote users,

Within the last couple of weeks i did a lot of testing with the MePo 1.40 release out of the area51 section.
    I have also tested together with CEC-Remote plugin.

The plugin works great together with MePo 1.40.

I have also tested PS++. This is an enhancement for the Power Scheduler that is delivered with MePo. PS++ will replace the existing one in one of the next MePo releases.
    PS++ deals with windows "away mode". This mode is used during recordings.

It seems to me that "away mode" is not handeled by CEC-Remote right now.
    When I start a recording PS++ switches the PC into "away mode" after the configured idle time is gone. CEC-Remote does not switch of the TV-set than. Is it possible to add this feature?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It seems to me that "away mode" is not handeled by CEC-Remote right now.
    When I start a recording PS++ switches the PC into "away mode" after the configured idle time is gone. CEC-Remote does not switch of the TV-set than. Is it possible to add this feature?

Yep, there is no detection for away mode currently. I think I will look into it, since there has been couple requests for it before.
    Is the PS++ that is currently available as a plugin the same that will be added to future versions?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes it is the same. If you install the 1.30 you can test the away mode

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    0.9.2 update available (MPEI or here).

- away mode support
    - libcec 2.1.1
    - option to turn off devices only if MePo is the active source when entering sleep (to prevent TV switching off, if sleep timer puts computer to sleep and you are watching other source)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    0.9.2 update available (MPEI or here).

- away mode support
    - libcec 2.1.1
    - option to turn off devices only if MePo is the active source when entering sleep (to prevent TV switching off, if sleep timer puts computer to sleep and you are watching other source)

Thx @Tuomaa!
    I have tested with the newest PS++. Away mode now triggers the switch off of the TV.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa,
    I have mentioned a problem with the 0.92 release.

Steps to reproduce:
    MePo is running
    A recording starts.
    TV is switched off (I have configured the plugin to go to standby when the TV is switched off)
    As a recording is ongoing the PC goes to away mode
    After the recording stopps the PC goes to standby
    After resuming the PC the remote does not work anymore

Are you able to reproduce this or should I collect the logfiles?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi.

Have almost a working configuration, with an Onkyo 606 AV and a Phillips 5007 here(driver, firmware & CECremote install/setup takes some time to set up)

When I turn of my TV, my AV also turns off, but Mediaportal/PC keeps running? (Power On works just fine!?)

Have tried to check config, but cannot find where t to setup, that MePo should go into S3 Sleep.

Any idea how to solve this? (I'm running powerscheduler++)

INFO for all Phillips users - TV needs to be hard booted, before the HDMI-CEC device will work! (Unplug power cable for 10 sec). Gave me quite some hazzle.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @msj33:
    I don't have access to my htpc right now, but if remember right, you have to enable the sending of TV power off in the plugin GUI.
    After this you can map the "virtual remote key "TV power off" to the action suspend in the mapping section of the plugin.

I can add screenshots if this explanation is not sufficient for you.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @megahorst OK. Sorry, I missed your post somehow. I'll check the away mode situation over the weekend.

@msj33 Like megahorst wrote, sending PC into standby is not enabled by default. You can find the setting under Power Options -> Advanced settings. It works by sending a virtual remote button to Media Portal when TV is switched off. You can map this 'button' to any MePo action in the button mapping form. Default is stanby if no media is playing.
    This plugin definitely needs a wiki page. It's been a work in progress for a while, I hope I'll find the time to finish it soon. If you don't get it working just ask/maybe post logs.

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @megahorst Does the remote work after normal sleep (no away mode at first)? Could you post the log covering the transition from away mode to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom