megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Collecting logs could be difficult.
    This weekend it have moved to a client server environment.
    I can't start recordings an the PC where the pulse-eight device is connected anymore.
    If anybody knows a way to trigger the away mode without the tv-server I could do it.

The device worked fine if the pc comes from normal sleep mode.
    It also worked if the PC was not up and running when the recording starts.

sleep->resume = ok
    sleep->away->sleep->resume = ok
    running->send to sleep with tv-power off->resume = ok
    running->recording starts->try to send to sleep with tv-power off (this leads to away mode)->sleep->resume = nok

It seems to me that the transition from running to away makes the problem perhaps together with the TV-power off.
    In normal cases without an active recording TV-power off sends the PC to sleep and it resumes without any problem.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    @megahorst OK. Sorry, I missed your post somehow. I'll check the away mode situation over the weekend.

@msj33 Like megahorst wrote, sending PC into standby is not enabled by default. You can find the setting under Power Options -> Advanced settings. It works by sending a virtual remote button to Media Portal when TV is switched off. You can map this 'button' to any MePo action in the button mapping form. Default is stanby if no media is playing.
    This plugin definitely needs a wiki page. It's been a work in progress for a while, I hope I'll find the time to finish it soon. If you don't get it working just ask/maybe post logs.

UPDATED - SOLVED!

Thanks for trying to help - but the TVpoweroff option is not working for me.

Tried with ticking off "Always" in CECremote advanced settings + mapping Tvpoweroff to Standby for all possible scenarios - But nothing happens - only Tv & A/V powers off.

Have latest libcec + firmware, running MePo 1.4 with Powerscheduler++
    • Can there be problem sending the Tvpoweroff signal from the TV through an A/V?(Although power on works perfectly!?)
    • Where is the "extensive logging" located?
    EDIT! PowerOff works from XBMC......So there is something wrong with MePo setup

EDIT 2: Found out that TVpowerOff was send, but the adapter crashes my Win7 64 bit, when device is connected to USB 2.0 port.

Solution: Moved the device to an USB 3.0 port

/Morten

Last edited:

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi

I have three problems with my new hdmi cec:

1. Since the cec is connected with the pc in hibernate state, ps3 can start the tv, but cannot send it to standby. Powercord disconnect oder pc shutdown, ps3 can wake the tv and send it to standby.

2. PC is in hibernate status, ps3 wake the tv, ps3 shutdown, tv is on and still on ps3 channel (see 1.), pc starts and the tv don't change to the pc channel, only if i press the av button on the tvremote and change it to the right channel.

3. The tv cannot wake the pc, when i change the hdmi channel from ps3 to htpc with the tv remote, but with the original mce remote i can wake the pc from hibernate. USB wake-up is enabled on all ports.

Win7 sp1 x64 (x86 cec-tray, x64 crashed, libcec 2.1.1) @ zotac zbox id83, panasonic p55stw60 (2013 Model), PS3 Slim with newest firmware. PC is direct connected to the tv, no hdmi avr. All hdmi cables are high-speed cables.

Any solutions?

robii

Portal Member
    March 5, 2009
    Hi all,

does the Mediaportal plugin also allow AVR volume control?

From Pulse-Eight FAQ (http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/faq) appears to be working from XBMC

Have installed the CECREMOTE plugin in the latest version, standard configuration.

Volume control via CEC is enabled for the AVR (Onkyo TX-SR607) and is working fine e.g. from TV (so via TV remote, volume is controlling the AVR volume instead of TV speaker volume).

From Mediaportal, volume control does not change anything on AVR volume settings. Tried different settings in the CECREMOTE plugin - makes no difference.

Power on / off control from Mediaportal is working fine both for TV and AVR.

Is volume control via the plugin working / specific configuration required to make it work?

Thanks!

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    @Tuomaa

Do you know if its technically possible to support multiple Pulseeight adapters from a single HTPC?

I got this new concept idea, but needs verification's, that this is technically possible to develop with libCec:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/1-central-htpc-multiseat-mp2-guis-2-4-x-hdmi-out.119488/
    • Can drivers + libCEC handle multiple adapters connected?
    • If so, is it possible to map individual GUI's(ex. MePo) to each Pulseeight adapter?
    This could give individual support of multiple HDMI outputs/GUI's (although not supported by MePo right now)

/Morten

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi all,

does the Mediaportal plugin also allow AVR volume control?

AVR volume control is not currently supported. The plugin doesn't interfere with TV <-> AVR pairing, so controlling volume with TV-remote is still possible, like you said. I currently have couple test builds that change the AVR volume (or TV volume, if supported) when MediaPortal volume is changed. This is handy with other plugins, it allows AVR volume control from WifiRemote for example. Problem with this approach is that even though the plugin is able to catch "volume changed" -messages, internal MediaPortal volume will still change also. I''m not familiar with a way to deny MePo for changing internal volume and still receive volume messages plugin side. One solution would be to force the internal volume to max after every volume change, but that's not very elegant.

I'm currently adding "messaging" support for this plugin, so that other plugins could interact with it using standard MePo messages. This would allow hdmi-control from other plugins (like direct AVR volume control from e.g. WifiRemote), but of course this will need support from other developers.[DOUBLEPOST=1370866083][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Tuomaa

Do you know if its technically possible to support multiple Pulseeight adapters from a single HTPC?

I got this new concept idea, but needs verification's, that this is technically possible to develop with libCec:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/1-central-htpc-multiseat-mp2-guis-2-4-x-hdmi-out.119488/
    • Can drivers + libCEC handle multiple adapters connected?
    • If so, is it possible to map individual GUI's(ex. MePo) to each Pulseeight adapter?
    This could give individual support of multiple HDMI outputs/GUI's (although not supported by MePo right now)

/Morten

LibCEC itself supports multiple adapters connected to single PC. The plugin searches for adapters and chooses the first one available. So if you could somehow run multiple instances of MediaPortal, in theory it could work, but starting order would define which adapter uses which instance. But this is just assumption, I don't have multiple adapters to test.[DOUBLEPOST=1370866307][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Win7 sp1 x64 (x86 cec-tray, x64 crashed, libcec 2.1.1) @ zotac zbox id83, panasonic p55stw60 (2013 Model), PS3 Slim with newest firmware. PC is direct connected to the tv, no hdmi avr. All hdmi cables are high-speed cables.

Any solutions?

Are you running the libcec-tray from Pulse-Eight? Or chirsoft cec-tray? Those won't work simultaneously with this plugin.

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I uninstalled the tray version, installed only the driver, same problems.
    Now my HTPC is connected over a avr to the tv. Turn on and off all components work only, if TV and Playback Device is set, and TV and Audiosystem checkboxes are activated. Audiosystem/Audiosystem won't work. Any control from avr or tv remote for mp don't work, both remotes work fine with tv, avr and ps3.

The cec-remote adapter is a unfinished, too expensive peace of hardware for a little bit more comfort. Every standalone device with cec work without any problems together with other cec devices that iI have tested, but not this adapter. Not really recommended.

A big thx goes to the developer of this mp plugin, he make this "adapter" useable.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I've got an issue whereby MediaPortal now crashes when turning the TV on with CEC enabled. See attached images (includes settings):
    libcecsharp failure.PNG power options.PNG settings.PNG

I don't know why it crashes on resume. TV is a Samsung PS51E550 with anynet+ which recognises the adaptor fine. Every key that can be transmitted via CEC is fine and it would be great except that it crashes on resume from sleep and I can't figure out why. It appears that the library is having a few issues...

I can't post the logs cos I can't find them, anyone help?

Chris

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I've got an issue whereby MediaPortal now crashes when turning the TV on with CEC enabled. See attached images (includes settings):
    View attachment 131945 View attachment 131946 View attachment 131947

I don't know why it crashes on resume. TV is a Samsung PS51E550 with anynet+ which recognises the adaptor fine. Every key that can be transmitted via CEC is fine and it would be great except that it crashes on resume from sleep and I can't figure out why. It appears that the library is having a few issues...

I can't post the logs cos I can't find them, anyone help?

Chris

You can find the logs in:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log
    The Mediaportal.log and Mediaportal-error.log are needed.
    You should do a fresh start of MediaPortal, let it go to sleep and then wake it up.
    After the crash you can upload the logs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom