CECRemote [0.9.7] (8 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Thank you, but it will no longer transmit buttons. This has confirmed to me the same way the LG support will not be a firmware update.

Is not quite as bad as I manage to "AmpDroid" use. Nice it would be if only that would work together on and off of PC, TV and AVR.

At present, the end of MediaPortal Although the AVR eye on but the TV remains on.

When you turn on the TV, only with the AVR is turned on and stays off. Is there maybe a way that does both?

What about if you remap for example the 'ffwd' button to 'Previous menu'? And maybe another button to layer toggle. It could make your setup more usable.
I'm not quite sure what you mean with your last question. Do you mean your AVR is not powered on when starting MediaPortal? Or TV?[DOUBLEPOST=1360011019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Philips 40PFL6606

When I'm remenber right the repeat feauture has worked ones. It stopped working after I had played with the option in the plugin config.

It seems to me that I was working with the initial setting (nothing) and yes or no has another behavior.

Initial setting is no (disabled).

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
What about if you remap for example the 'ffwd' button to 'Previous menu'? And maybe another button to layer toggle. It could make your setup more usable.
I'm not quite sure what you mean with your last question. Do you mean your AVR is not powered on when starting MediaPortal? Or TV?

When I start mediaportal the TV is powered on but not the avr.

When I Exit mediaportal the avr is powered off but not the TV.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
OK. The new version of this plugin (available tomorrow) is likely going to fix the AVR problem, but the TV not switching off is weird. Have you checked your TV's settings that it allows this (could be under something like 'SimpLink options' etc.)? If that doesn't help, the TV probably just doesn't support this.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK. The new version of this plugin (available tomorrow) is likely going to fix the AVR problem, but the TV not switching off is weird. Have you checked your TV's settings that it allows this (could be under something like 'SimpLink options' etc.)? If that doesn't help, the TV probably just doesn't support this.

I think it is not supported by the TV. Because with the LibCEC Tray Application the Power Off function don't work, too.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
CecRemote 0.9.0 - beta

New version of CecRemote is available for download. Marked as beta, because there is many new features and some testing on different setups is needed. New features and changes are listed below, complete changelog and source is available later. I also try to get the wikipage/instructions ready next week and submit CecRemote to plugin repository for more convenient installation/updates.

Extensions plugin support

If you have extensions plugin installed, it is possible to configure CecRemote without leaving MediaPortal. Just navigate to Extensions->CecRemote->Settings and change the settings to your liking. Once you leave Extensions, CecRemote loads the new configuration automatically. Note, that there might be a small delay before the remote starts working again, depending on the settings you have changed.

Improved power options

It is now possible to set power options individually for different events, like MediaPortal start, stop, system sleep and resume. Select the devices you want to control for each event from 'Power options'->'Select devices'. Select 'wake devices' or 'Put devices into standby' accordingly. You can also control whether or not to send active source and inactive source messages to TV. Sending 'active source' means that TV switches automatically to input where MediaPortal is connected. Sending 'inactive source' means that TV will switch back to previous (or default) input. These options are also changeable from extensions settings menu, but selecting which devices to power on/off is currently only possible using settings form.

Emulating PowerOff -button when TV is switched off

Under 'Power Options'->'Advanced settings' (or Power in extensions plugin) there is a setting called 'Send TVPowerOff button to MediaPortal when TV is switched off'. If checked, this will emulate pressing Power Off (or similar) button when you switch off your TV. You can map this virtual button (TvPowerOff in mappings form) to anything you like. Default configuration is:

- If music is playing --> Do nothing
- If other media (such as video, tv) is playing --> Pause
- If MediaPortal is idle --> Put computer to sleep

Support for detecting automatic wake up events (like PowerScheduler events)

Similarly under 'Power Options'->'Advanced settings', there is a option "Require user input before waking devices (when resuming from sleep)". If this is checked, devices you have selected to be powered on when resuming from sleep are not woken up if computer resumes for e.g scheduled recording task. If you however wake up the computer manually, like pressing keyboard button, or using TV's CEC-menu, the selected devices are switched on normally.

Debugging

Test tab was removed from settings form for various reasons. It is recommended to use Pulse-Eigth libCEC tray application for testing/debugging instead. Also there is a setting 'Extensive logging' in the plugin settings which enables writing additional information to MediaPortal.log (button presses, CEC-commands, connection and vendor information, etc). Note that MediaPortal log verbosity has to be 'Debug' before information is written. Disable Extensive logging for normal use.

Localization

It is possible to translate the on-screen settings shown in the extensions plugin to your language. Just translate all strings from default English language file to desired language (English version attached below) and submit the translated file to this thread. Your language file should be named using correct two letter language code (like fi.xml, de.xml, se.xml, etc.). To test your translation, copy the file to ProgramData/Team Mediaportal/MediaPortal/language/CecRemote/ . Improvements to the English version are also welcome. Translating the configuration settings form is currently not possible.

Miscellaneous

- MediaPortal 1.3 is supported

Attachments

• en-US.xml
    3.2 KB
Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa thanks for your work.

First test result:
    Basic functionality is working as before.

I'm missing the TvPowerOff "button" in the mapping section. I have activated the feature, but the button is not visible for me.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello @Tuomaa thanks for your work.

First test result:
    Basic functionality is working as before.

I'm missing the TvPowerOff "button" in the mapping section. I have activated the feature, but the button is not visible for me.

Hmm... Have you made custom mappings with previous versions? The installer doesn't delete these automatically to preserve user's settings, but If you click 'reset' on the mappings form it should load updated default mappings. Back up the custom file from '%Program Data%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\' if you want to save it.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I had done some mappings.
    I have done a reset. After that the config xml was gone. I had to do a mapping again to bring it back.

After this I have merged it with my custom one. Now functionality is there. The htpc goes to standby after switching of the TV :)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another thing:
    I have checked the option "Require user input before waking devices (when resuming from sleep)"

The TV is switched on, when the htpc resumes because WOL (wake on LAN). Is this working as designed or should I send logs?

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Another thing:
    I have checked the option "Require user input before waking devices (when resuming from sleep)"

The TV is switched on, when the htpc resumes because WOL (wake on LAN). Is this working as designed or should I send logs?

It depends on what "PowerBroadcast" messages the operating system sends on WOL. Unfortunately my motherboard doesn't want to wake from lan so I'm not able to test this now, but submit some logs anyway and let's see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom