CECRemote [0.9.7] (5 Viewers)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, once the partner has vacated the TV, I'll re-enable CEC and do as you ask!
    One thing I forgot to mention:
    You have to set the log-level to debug in the MePo config. Otherwise there are not all information in the files

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi

Here are the logs. Clearly shows an issue with the CEC library.

Chris

The problem is actually that the plugin doesn't get informed that the PC is suspending, so the adapter doesn't get "prepared" for sleep. Quite difficult to say what could cause that...
    You could post logs covering MediaPortal start -> MediaPortal exit ( just close it) to see if it receives stop event correctly.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tuomaa

here are 2 sets of logs.

1st set are from clean bootup and mp exit. 2nd set are clean boot but sleep/wake.

I can confirm that xbmc seems to work fine with sleep resume.

chris

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I can confirm that xbmc seems to work fine with sleep resume.

Yep, this is MediaPortal related issue. Have you tried reinstalling the plugin? You could also test the older 0.9.1 version (handling sleep, away-mode, etc. has changed a bit since that version).
    I'm currently still running MePo 1.3, but I'll test 1.4 ~ tomorrow to see if this issue is related to that, although this plugin should be fully compatible with the newer version.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No not yet, I'll do that later. I recall that when I first got my new TV with CEC that it was playing up too (TV's only about a month old) so I stopped using it. I'll try the 0.9.1 too. The Adaptor is currently running Firmware v4 with the latest Libcec drivers / library installed.

I'm running 1.4 with Argus scheduler. The plugin states it doesn't have any issues but could it be related to the changes to resume from sleep the dev team have implemented in 1.4?

Thanks for the help!

Chris

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using the plugin with 1.40 without any problems with suspend/resume.

I could send my logs if this is helpfull ... (not today, but until the end of the week ...)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

So I uninstalled the CEC drivers, along with the plugin. Downloaded the latest CEC driver, installed and then ran the latest plugin. Failed on resume from sleep. Downgraded to the previous plugin and the same occurred. Logs from that run attached.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I tested now with 1.4 and sleep/resume works fine here. I try to investigate this more later this week, but for now, one thing to try would be doing a clean installation of MediaPortal...

Edit: @Benoire I wasn't able to reproduce your issue. Did you try reinstalling MePo? Did it work? If not, are you able to test with 1.3.x version and send logs?

Last edited:

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Today I received my pulse eight adapter. (Took 15 days to arrive, I'm from Mexico)

I must say that it works fine, thanks for this awesome plug-in.

My config:

HTPC HDMI (MEPO 1.4) ===> Pulse Eight Adapter ===> Onkyo HT-R590 ===> TV - Samsung UN46D6450

Working buttons: play, pause, stop, directions, select/ok , back, numbers, channels, next, previous

When I turn off my TV the HTPC sleeps

When I select MediaPortal in the Sources Menu, the HTPC awakes

When I select MediaPortal, The TV shows the right hdmi input (the selected in config)

Request:
    Can you tell the AVR Receiver to put in certain input when MediaPortal is selected?

And, Can HTPC sleeps if I select Another source on the TV?

Thank you Tuomaa for this great plug-in. I'm here to test whatever you need

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom