CECRemote [0.9.7] (2 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
It appears I need to CEC link my AVR to my TV, such that it follows its power state. If I do not do this, then your plugin does not power off my AVR, just my TV. I have selected all devices in your plugin, so in theory it should power on/off without my CEC linking it to my TV (your plugin should handle them as separate devices?)
It should work without linking them, but I can't test AVR-stuff because my receiver doesn't support CEC. I'll improve/fix the logging feature for next release to see what's going on.

Second issue, if I press standby and something is preventing this and it enters awaymode (I run PS++), then the AVR and TV turn off (works correctly at this point). But once the HTPC finishes what it was doing and changes from awaymode to standby, it turns back on my AVR and TV (and seems to generate an exception - see log file).

This is "known issue". I try to get it working correctly for next release.[DOUBLEPOST=1374185990][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Tuomaa crap edits sorry, keeps losing what I post!

All sorted now, was due to remnants of the offical software still being installed. Now boots up with error.

Are the buttons in the mapping section detected by CEC or are they hardcoded by you?

They are hard(ish)coded. See CecRemote.xml in the "default input mappings"? folder. It supports the buttons that libcec supports, and if there's some buttons (codes) missing it's possible to just add them to the XML.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
ah cool. What is the best way to test which buttons work or not?
Pulse-Eight command line tool is good. Unmapped buttons show up also in MediaPortal.log: "received unmapped button with code xxx", but note, that codes over 300 are virtual buttons (like "source was activated" etc.).

@Jay_UK Check out the attached version of CecRemote (to install, just replace CecRemote.dll in the plugin dir). It doesn't actually fix anything, but logging is more detailed. Logs covering the AVR issue and the away-mode issue with this version would be helpful. Please check the "extensive logging" setting from CecRemote config before testing (also MePo-logging must be in debug mode).

@megahorst You could also try this one, start up is improved. Please test with and without PS++.

Attachments

• CecRemote.zip
    246.9 KB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have done some more testing with your new DLL (I wouldn't say it performs extensive logging - compared to other plugins!) lol

The tests were done without the TV and AVR being CEC linked.

I have performed the following:

13:43 enter awaymode - TV reports disconnecting Anynet+ - TV and AVR do not turn off, TV changes to incorrect source, AVR changes to incorrect source
    13:45 leave awaymode - TV and AVR already on (wrong source) - TV changes to correct source, AVR changes to correct source
    13:48 suspend - TV reports disconnecting Anynet+ - Nothing turns off, TV changes to incorrect source, AVR changes to incorrect source
    13:50 Resume - TV and AVR already on (wrong source) - TV and AVR Change to correct source
    13:55 suspend - TV reports disconnecting Anynet+ - TV and AVR do not turn off, TV changes to incorrect source, AVR changes to incorrect source
    13:37 Resume - TV and AVR are both off - TV and AVR turn on, both change to correct source
    14:01 suspend - TV reports disconnecting Anynet+ - TV and AVR do not turn off, TV changes to incorrect source, AVR changes to incorrect source
    From the testing it appears the issue is with powering off the TV/AVR - it doesn't work, but powering on/selecting the source does.

If I CEC link the devices, then the devices do normally power off when entering awaymode.

Many thanks,

J.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi there,

I have done some more testing...

Hmm.. What's your setup, is htpc connected to AVR or TV? Maybe the AVR doesn't accept the standby request if the source becomes inactive and the devices are not linked. You could test unchecking the "Send inactive source" -setting from cecremote config.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

HTPC (using ATI card) is connect to PulseEight, the PE unit is then connected to the AVR (Yamaha RX-V671), the AVR is connected to Samsung LE37B650 TV

I will give it a try once the wife has finished watching crap ;-)

I don't mind them being linked - At the end of the day I am simply after the AVR/TV turning off if the HTPC goes into awaymode or suspend, and the TV/AVR powering on when the HTPC resumes or leaves awaymode

J.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    I just received mine from Pulse-Eight today. It was a fast shipment in 4-5 days.
    I can't wait till tomorrow afternoon to try it out with this plugin.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I am getting the occasional crashes with MePo, and the log file is showing an exception with the CEC plugin.

Please see the attached logs (the error occurred at 18:11)

Many thanks,

J.

Attachments

• MediaPortal-Error.zip
      57.4 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    So why do we need this USB->HDMI-CEC adapter (along with a spare HDMI port on the TV, which can be an issue with many TVs only coming with two or three ports these days). Do PC's HDMI ports have some hardware missing that would allow them to use CEC with them, or is it just a matter of software needed to utilise CEC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom