CECRemote [0.9.7] (11 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Edit: @Benoire I wasn't able to reproduce your issue. Did you try reinstalling MePo? Did it work? If not, are you able to test with 1.3.x version and send logs?

I've reinstalled MP1.4 so will proceed to check later once the missus gets off the TV. As I'm using Argus Scheduler in between the tv server I can pretty much test any version as long as the Argus plugin supports it.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Request:

Can HTPC sleeps if I select Another source on the TV?
    This is already possible if TV reports source activated/deactivated correctly, check out the "Source deactivated" -virtual button in the mapping form, and map it to standby, hibernate, etc.
    sunfire7 said:
    Can you tell the AVR Receiver to put in certain input when MediaPortal is selected?
    You mean like explicitly force configurable AVR-input when MePo becomes active source? I'm not sure about this, it could be quite difficult to implement. Major problem is that I don't have HDMI-cabaple AVR to test.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa,
    while doing some testing with an AREA51 patch I have found an issue with the CECRemote plugin.
    See here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tvserver_in_tvhome.120159/page-6#post-1009696

I have seen some plugins that could freeze zhe MePo GUI for certain seconds after the pc has resumed.
    When I have activated CECRemote plugin I have a ~15-20 sec freezing after I can see the GUI on the screen. During this freezing I can see that the watch on basic home is not updated (It shows the time from going to S3) and the recording indicator has also "the old status".

It seems to me that the plugin stops MePo during the negotiation phase with the TV. Is there anything that you can do about this?
    If necessary I can produce a log.

btw:
    I'm using vs. 0.92 and V4 firmware in the pulse-eight box.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello @Tuomaa,
    while doing some testing with an AREA51 patch I have found an issue with the CECRemote plugin.
    See here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tvserver_in_tvhome.120159/page-6#post-1009696

I have seen some plugins that could freeze zhe MePo GUI for certain seconds after the pc has resumed.
    When I have activated CECRemote plugin I have a ~15-20 sec freezing after I can see the GUI on the screen. During this freezing I can see that the watch on basic home is not updated (It shows the time from going to S3) and the recording indicator has also "the old status".

It seems to me that the plugin stops MePo during the negotiation phase with the TV. Is there anything that you can do about this?
    If necessary I can produce a log.

btw:
    I'm using vs. 0.92 and V4 firmware in the pulse-eight box.

I also get quite huge delay with 1.4 version. It's about 13 seconds from wake up to responsive UI and without CEC it's still ~ 10 seconds.
    Connecting the adapter and initializing the plugin should take about 2 seconds. The whole connecting/initializing process could be threaded, so it at least doesn't block other plugins from proceeding, but the remote won't still be available much sooner. I see if this could be added at some point.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Connecting the adapter and initializing the plugin should take about 2 seconds.
    Thx.
    Perhaps this delay depends on the brand of the tv-set.

Offtopic:
    You can have a look to my findings in the Area51 thread. There are some plugins that could cause this. I have found PS++ client plug in and the Fritz!Box plugin. I think the root cause is that the other plugins are trying to connect to something over the network before the interface is up and running.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You can have a look to my findings in the Area51 thread. There are some plugins that could cause this. I have found PS++ client plug in and the Fritz!Box plugin. I think the root cause is that the other plugins are trying to connect to something over the network before the interface is up and running.

OK, I'll check that thread later. Now that you mentioned it, disabling PS++ client seems to speed up the process quite a lot. And without PS++ _and_ CEC there's virtually no delay at all. But something has changed since 1.3, because I didn't get very long delay even though I had PS++ installed. I'll investigate this more when I have time.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Can you tell the AVR Receiver to put in certain input when MediaPortal is selected?
    You mean like explicitly force configurable AVR-input when MePo becomes active source? I'm not sure about this, it could be quite difficult to implement. Major problem is that I don't have HDMI-cabaple AVR to test.

When MediaPortal is loaded (autostart with windows) , My TV and my AVR sets on correct source and TV is connected to CEC MediaPortal Device.

If MePo already running, I change source on tv, htpc sleeps and the AVR changes sources as well. This is great, but the problem is when I want to go back to HTPC.

I have 2 options in the source menu of my TV, HDMI source of the HTPC or MediaPortal CEC. If I select HDMI source of the HTPC, AVR sets correct source as well, but can't control Mepo without connect to Mediaportal CEC. If I select MediaPortal CEC, TV sets correct source automatically and I can control Mepo, but, AVR source is not set, so no sound... That's why I was asking if you also can change AVR source when MediaPortal CEC is seleted, maybe if you do it like when MediaPortal Starts? (as I already described before ir works)

Sorry if my english is not the best

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @Tuomaa

Attached are new logs. Not sure why it still isn't working. Brand new install of LibCEC, MP1.4 and CECremote. Still crashes on resume from sleep. Are you using the latest drivers/firmware?

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Tuomaa

Attached are new logs. Not sure why it still isn't working. Brand new install of LibCEC, MP1.4 and CECremote. Still crashes on resume from sleep. Are you using the latest drivers/firmware?

Are there any other CEC tools running in the background?
    Traytool or something like this?

In my installation I don't need any other CEC software then the MePo plugin.You should try to terminate any other CEC related software.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the official traytools are installed but are not running, however I will check to see if there are any hidden boot options for it to make nothing runs. I'll report back later tonight after work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom