CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In my installation I don't need any other CEC software then the MePo plugin.You should try to terminate any other CEC related software.
    Sorry wanted to ask do you actually need anything from pulse-eight website or simply the drivers and you've got the libcec etc in your plugin?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Please ignore my stupid question.....

I currently have a pulse8 unit, but have never got CEC to work correctly with my HTPC/AVR/TV.

All I am after is for my TV/AVR/HTPC to turn on and off together (and obviously get the AVR to be on the right source) - I have a harmony remote, so not after using the TV or AVR remote to do anything.

I currently use the CEC-Client to turn on and off my TV (via commandline), and I have a script that powers on/off my AVR via its network API.

Will this plugin allow me to power on/off my HTPC/AVR/TV correctly?

Thanks,

J.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry wanted to ask do you actually need anything from pulse-eight website or simply the drivers and you've got the libcec etc in your plugin?
    It should work with only the driver installed. The plugin contains the libcec.You don't need any other things from p8 website to run the plugin.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will this plugin allow me to power on/off my HTPC/AVR/TV correctly?
    This should work. The plugin can switch on the devices when Mepo starts out the pc resumes. It also sends the pc to sleep when the tv is switched off our the source is changed.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    When MediaPortal is loaded (autostart with windows) , My TV and my AVR sets on correct source and TV is connected to CEC MediaPortal Device.

If MePo already running, I change source on tv, htpc sleeps and the AVR changes sources as well. This is great, but the problem is when I want to go back to HTPC.

I have 2 options in the source menu of my TV, HDMI source of the HTPC or MediaPortal CEC. If I select HDMI source of the HTPC, AVR sets correct source as well, but can't control Mepo without connect to Mediaportal CEC. If I select MediaPortal CEC, TV sets correct source automatically and I can control Mepo, but, AVR source is not set, so no sound... That's why I was asking if you also can change AVR source when MediaPortal CEC is seleted, maybe if you do it like when MediaPortal Starts? (as I already described before ir works)

Sorry if my english is not the best

Do you have different devices in the wake up list for MePo start and Resume from sleep? The connection procedure is the same for both situations, so if the devices to wake up are the same, both should behave identically. Does the PC wake up from sleep if you select the HDMI source of the HTPC?[DOUBLEPOST=1374088302][/DOUBLEPOST]@Jay_UK In addition to what megahorst said, if you dont want to control MePo with your TV remote, you should disable the remote control passtrough feature. Usually TVs have option for that in the settings menu. Otherwise remote buttons are routed to MediaPortal.

@Benoire I'm runnning out of ideas. If you are able to easily test the 1.3 version, that could be worth a try.

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Installed your plugin..slight bit of config and it is working great!!

Many thanks for your time and effort in developing this :)

J.

ps - Now this is working great, I have just ordered another PulseEight CEC device for my other HTPC!

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone know why CEC isn't built in to commercial HTPC cards from AMD or nVidia? The Raspberry Pi has CEC and it seems so trivial. I'd actually pay a bit extra to get this stuff built in as the pulse-eight adapters cost me upwards of $50 NZD to purchase![DOUBLEPOST=1374097183][/DOUBLEPOST]@Tuomaa Haven't had chance to do some further testing but it appears that something is already active. I've not got the tray tools running but turning the TV on or off with the adapter connected actually turns the HTPC on and off. Only noticed it last night when I turned the tv off but left the program on pause to come back and find it had gone to sleep.

It could be something running in the registry or bootup that is causing the issues and would explain the issues of the plugin crashing... I.e. if the machine is being woken up outside of MP and then the plugin calls the CEC commands it crashes. Are you able to code in error handling, i.e. should the machine be waking up prior to CEC being called by the plugin, not to do it?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I spoke too soon when I aid everything was working great :(

A few issues:

It appears I need to CEC link my AVR to my TV, such that it follows its power state. If I do not do this, then your plugin does not power off my AVR, just my TV. I have selected all devices in your plugin, so in theory it should power on/off without my CEC linking it to my TV (your plugin should handle them as separate devices?)

Second issue, if I press standby and something is preventing this and it enters awaymode (I run PS++), then the AVR and TV turn off (works correctly at this point). But once the HTPC finishes what it was doing and changes from awaymode to standby, it turns back on my AVR and TV (and seems to generate an exception - see log file).

Many thanks,

J.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Tuomaa crap edits sorry, keeps losing what I post!

All sorted now, was due to remnants of the offical software still being installed. Now boots up with error.

Are the buttons in the mapping section detected by CEC or are they hardcoded by you?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom