CECRemote [0.9.7] (5 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
When I switch on my tv-set it switches on the new amp, but the htpc is not resumed.
After switching the sources at the amp from hdmi1 to hdmi2 and then back to hdmi1 the htpc is powered on.
I have attached the logfile that covers the action.

It seems like the amp doesn't pass through CEC-messages to the adapter until cycling the HDMI inputs. Is there any options for that in the settings of the amp?
The wake-on-CEC is actually a function of the adapter firmware, so changing plugin settings won't probably make any difference. You can test though what happens if TV only controls amplifier power (uncheck AVR checkboxes from power options).

TOMillr

Portal Pro
May 4, 2011
Ever thought about releasing a standalone version of this tool?

I like how it works under MediaPortal (especially support for the Windows away-mode) but would love to use it on other systems (Windows Media Center, or just Windows 8 on a gaming system) as well that don't run MediaPortal.

Would it be possible to use the existing code and turn in into a "Windows-universal" tool? Would be willing to donate some money to get this going as well… :cool:

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I have a Philips 40PFl5537K and it mostly works fine.

The only problem I currently have is, that the info button is always repeating like in a loop. I have to press another button to stop this.
    The same also happens when I test with cec-client.exe

Another (newer) Philips-TV from 2013 does not have this problem.
    So, I assume that it is not a problem of the plugin but probably something related to the TV.

Does anybody have the same problem or does know a workaround?

Thanks

Bruno

Hi Bruno.

Just found out I have the same issue..........Info buttons loops

/Morten

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Doese anybody has a Samsung TV and the "record" button working? The tv says it is "not available. Except the button the whole cec thing works fine on the first look.
    Rec button is not usually sent over CEC as a normal key, so it's not supported.
    Ever thought about releasing a standalone version of this tool?

I like how it works under MediaPortal (especially support for the Windows away-mode) but would love to use it on other systems (Windows Media Center, or just Windows 8 on a gaming system) as well that don't run MediaPortal.

Would it be possible to use the existing code and turn in into a "Windows-universal" tool? Would be willing to donate some money to get this going as well… :cool:

I think CECRemote will remain only as a Media Portal plugin, at least for now.
    There is already couple options for more general CEC-support, like libCECtray from P8 and also cec-tray. Standalone version of CECRemote would just be yet another tray CEC-app.

TOMillr

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2011
    There is already couple options for more general CEC-support, like libCECtray from P8 and also cec-tray. Standalone version of CECRemote would just be yet another tray CEC-app.
    You're right, it would be yet another tray application - but one that finally works.

I'm familiar with both programs, but the don't work properly in cases when an AVR is brought into the mix. Pulse Eight has said they would look into this know problem - but nothing has happened for the last 9 month on that front. And the guy that makes cec-tray doesn't even have an AVR an can't address this issue.

You implementation works fine with an AVR right away. So you must obviously be doing something different here and that's why I was hoping for a standalone version.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can test though what happens if TV only controls amplifier power (uncheck AVR checkboxes from power options).
    I have tried that. Disabled all AMP wakeups and told the plugin that the p8 adaptor is connected to the TV.
    It worked exactly one times.
    Switched on the TV, TV started the Amp, htpc resumes. (see in log yesterday ~17:48
    The next and all other times the htpc did not wake up.
    Do you have any idea for a workaround?

I have also tried to start with switching on the htpc.
    Than everything starts properly but the htpc does not recognize the htpc audio device any more. It says that it is not connected. Is that normal behaviour?

Attachments

• cec.txt
      167.8 KB

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You can test though what happens if TV only controls amplifier power (uncheck AVR checkboxes from power options).
    I have tried that. Disabled all AMP wakeups and told the plugin that the p8 adaptor is connected to the TV.
    It worked exactly one times.
    Switched on the TV, TV started the Amp, htpc resumes. (see in log yesterday ~17:48
    The next and all other times the htpc did not wake up.
    Do you have any idea for a workaround?

There must be some sort of problem with the amp passing cec to the adapter. The plugin doesn't connect to the adapter until htpc is on. Are you sure there wasn't something different when it worked? Like does it matter which hdmi-port was selected from the amp when it went to standby?

I have also tried to start with switching on the htpc.
    Than everything starts properly but the htpc does not recognize the htpc audio device any more. It says that it is not connected. Is that normal behaviour?

Does the plugin set the correct hdmi-input for the amp when it powers on?[DOUBLEPOST=1384792159][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have a Philips 40PFl5537K and it mostly works fine.

The only problem I currently have is, that the info button is always repeating like in a loop. I have to press another button to stop this.
    The same also happens when I test with cec-client.exe

Another (newer) Philips-TV from 2013 does not have this problem.
    So, I assume that it is not a problem of the plugin but probably something related to the TV.

Does anybody have the same problem or does know a workaround?

Thanks

Bruno

If it's the same behavior with pulse-eight tools, it's most likely problem with the libcec (or buggy Philips CEC). You could ask P8 for info, or if you want me to take a look, please add some logs.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There must be some sort of problem with the amp passing cec to the adapter.
    I think so too, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Does the plugin set the correct hdmi-input for the amp when it powers on?
    I have fixed the hdmi sound issue. I have enabled hdmi pass-througt at the amp. Now everything is fine when I start with switching on the htpc.
    The htpc starts the TV and the TV starts the amp. And I have sound. When I switch of the amp manually, the sound moves to the TV.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    If it's the same behavior with pulse-eight tools, it's most likely problem with the libcec (or buggy Philips CEC). You could ask P8 for info, or if you want me to take a look, please add some logs.

Thanks Tuomaa for your offer to look at my logs. This is not happening at my main place, but on my weekend-place. I will be there next on weekend of 1. December. I will then try to create a logfile.
    I assume that I should enable extensive logging in the plugin-configuration and then start MP and press the info-key once. It will then loop with detecting info-pushes, until I press another key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom