CECRemote [0.9.7] (1 Viewer)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Is it possible to see why the TV turns on on active source command or implement an option to only send the wake/active source command if the resume from sleep was triggered by HDMI-CEC adapter?

Activating source switches power on if TV is on stanby (at least for most televisions). Automatic wakeup events won't trigger source/wake commands if the "require user input before waking devices" is checked from settings.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is it possible to see why the TV turns on on active source command or implement an option to only send the wake/active source command if the resume from sleep was triggered by HDMI-CEC adapter?

Activating source switches power on if TV is on stanby (at least for most televisions). Automatic wakeup events won't trigger source/wake commands if the "require user input before waking devices" is checked from settings.
Yeah but since I use my TV remote there is no user input possible until the HDMI handshake has been completed.
So that is not a useful option to me, the pc does not know it was a user input.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Yeah but since I use my TV remote there is no user input possible until the HDMI handshake has been completed.
So that is not a useful option to me, the pc does not know it was a user input.
Ah sorry, was to quick, testing with the power button.
But yes if it was triggered by a scheduler it actually does seem to work.
Excellent :) The power button is user action also I guess just like the tv triggered wake since the usb dongle fakes a mouse. Works perfectly it seems.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa
    I have seen in the MediaPortal roadmap that the next release 1.60 will base on .Net 4.0 instead of .Net 3.5.
    Will CeCRemote work with the next release out of the box or are there changes nessary?

Last edited:

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello @Tuomaa
    I have seen in the MediaPortal roadmap that the next release 1.60 will base on .Net 4.0 instead of .Net 3.5.
    Will CeCRemote work with the next release out of the box or are there changes nessary?
    It might need recompilation, I'll check when the pre-release is out.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again ...
    Today morning the CECRemote has thrown an error.
    I think it was after a scheduled wakeup (windows task, not a recording) when the htpc was going to sleep again.
    I have had this error in the past again from time to time but did not find the time to capture the logs.
    This automated task is running every day and in rare cases the CECRemote throws this error.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Just an update from here after 6 months of use..........This just WORKS! - wife and kids love, that they only need 1 remote!

Most stable and easy to use remote solution I have EVER used!(using HTPC for almost 10 years!)- Highly recommendable.

I (hopefully) never need to revert for a Logitech Harmony, Microsoft MCE, TV card remote, IMON VFD or other crappy solution.

Please keep developing this awsome plugin:)

Feature requests:
    -Native integration(just like XBMC) - Mediaportal already have native support for other remotes(some of them are probably not used any longer)
    -Auto setup(Make it dummy proof)
    -Possible to buy the CEC adapter from Pulse-eight through Team-Mediaportal(cooperate with Pulseeight).

/Morten

Dracul

Portal Member
    June 16, 2007
    Doese anybody has a Samsung TV and the "record" button working? The tv says it is "not available. Except the button the whole cec thing works fine on the first look.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have a Philips 40PFl5537K and it mostly works fine.

The only problem I currently have is, that the info button is always repeating like in a loop. I have to press another button to stop this.
    The same also happens when I test with cec-client.exe

Another (newer) Philips-TV from 2013 does not have this problem.
    So, I assume that it is not a problem of the plugin but probably something related to the TV.

Does anybody have the same problem or does know a workaround?

Thanks

Bruno

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Tuomaa I have bought an AV AMP with CEC capabilities.
    Now I have a problem with the configuration of the plugin.

When I switch on my tv-set it switches on the new amp, but the htpc is not resumed.
    After switching the sources at the amp from hdmi1 to hdmi2 and then back to hdmi1 the htpc is powered on.
    I have attached the logfile that covers the action.

The rest seems to work fine. When switching of the tv-set everything goes to standby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom