CECRemote [0.9.7] (3 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
@megahorst

New version (which hopefully will be out soon) has TV Power off function mappable as a normal key input, so it is possible to set all the normal conditional settings for it (different actions for media playing, music playing, etc.) and also option to send the event only if MP is active source (so if you switch off TV when other source - like blu-ray player - is selected, HTPC wont go to sleep).

It's also a bigger update with more device power options, like different settings for MP start, stop, sleep and resume from sleep, options to set power state of any HDMI-device using logical addresses and extensions plugin support for changing most settings straight from MediaPortal-GUI.

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Those new features really sound good!

I also might found a bug.
    For the period I used the plugin, sometimes mediaportal crashed when resuming sleep.
    When I pressed my remote control to wake up, the system woke up but entered sleep again immediately.
    Second press on green button would wake up the system again without this symptom.
    However, window always told me that mediaportal crashed and needed to shut down (even when mediaportal was still responsive)
    I had a slight feeling is was the cec-remote plugin so I disabled it and used my system without it for a period of time.
    In this period this crash never happened again. However, the wakeup - sleep - wakeup sequence still exist. But his could be due to f*cked up power shemes.
    I've been messing arround heavily with it. (Gut feeling says it could be IRSS causing the problem)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Those new features really sound good!

I also might found a bug.
    For the period I used the plugin, sometimes mediaportal crashed when resuming sleep.
    When I pressed my remote control to wake up, the system woke up but entered sleep again immediately.
    Second press on green button would wake up the system again without this symptom.
    However, window always told me that mediaportal crashed and needed to shut down (even when mediaportal was still responsive)
    I had a slight feeling is was the cec-remote plugin so I disabled it and used my system without it for a period of time.
    In this period this crash never happened again. However, the wakeup - sleep - wakeup sequence still exist. But his could be due to f*cked up power shemes.
    I've been messing arround heavily with it. (Gut feeling says it could be IRSS causing the problem)

The sleep-wakeup-sleep problem is most likely caused by something else, especially if it occurs when cecremote is disabled, but the crash is plausible. Could you attach log covering it? Are you using current version (0.8.3)?

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since the sleep-wakeup-sleep doesn't happen every time it is hard to reproduce. But for the moment I installed en enabled the plugin (0.8.3) again and I will post the logs as soon as it happens again.
    I was not able to find any old logs containing the error.

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    got it! it happened again!

Weird, seems like it connects and disconnects normally. Is error.log clean? Did it crash immediately after resume, or after pressing some remote button?
    Error.log doesn't even exist :-S
    Mediaportal crashed after resuming from sleep, after I pressed the green button on my remote.
    A little bit different than I described earlier. Now, after resume I didn't get the windows error message, mediaportal crashed and was completely gone when screen came up after I manually turned on my television.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    got it! it happened again!

Weird, seems like it connects and disconnects normally. Is error.log clean? Did it crash immediately after resume, or after pressing some remote button?
    Error.log doesn't even exist :-S
    Mediaportal crashed after resuming from sleep, after I pressed the green button on my remote.
    A little bit different than I described earlier. Now, after resume I didn't get the windows error message, mediaportal crashed and was completely gone when screen came up after I manually turned on my television.

OK. I have to see if I'm able to reproduce this somehow.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here it just happened again, this time with error.log. I disable this plugin for the moment

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      1.3 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom