CECRemote [0.9.7] (3 Viewers)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Weird, seems like it connects and disconnects normally. Is error.log clean? Did it crash immediately after resume, or after pressing some remote button?
    Error.log doesn't even exist :-S
    Mediaportal crashed after resuming from sleep, after I pressed the green button on my remote.
    A little bit different than I described earlier. Now, after resume I didn't get the windows error message, mediaportal crashed and was completely gone when screen came up after I manually turned on my television.

OK. I have to see if I'm able to reproduce this somehow.

Don't put to much time in it.
    I discovered something which probably caused the resume-sleep-resume sequence combined with the pulse eight cec device.
    I noticed that my machine crashed in the last second of a reboot or shutdown (I normally use S3, so hard to notice).
    Unplugging the cec device didn't create this problem (I also had this problem on a fresh updated windows 7, x64, dualboot).
    After many driver updates uninstalling chipsets reinstalling usb divers etc. I finally totally demolished my system where it not even took new driver installations anymore :D
    So, I recovered from a backup and moved the device from a USB 2.0 slot to a USB 3.0 slot, and voila, no crashes when rebooting or shutdown. And also no resume-sleep-resume anymore.
    Guess what? Also your plugin works without crashing mediaportal ;-)

I'm convinced that there is something very wrong with the cec adapter driver in combination with windws 7 and my motherboard(chipset).

breedalot

Portal Member
    April 6, 2008
    hi does this plug in work under windows 8 and how reliable is it? I am not sure if I should by a ir receiver or use this a CEC adaptor for one of my MPclients.

thanks

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dunno about win8, but a CEC adapter is much more elegant dan IR receiver/blaster. Also more expensive...

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @megahorst

New version (which hopefully will be out soon) has TV Power off function mappable as a normal key input, so it is possible to set all the normal conditional settings for it (different actions for media playing, music playing, etc.) and also option to send the event only if MP is active source (so if you switch off TV when other source - like blu-ray player - is selected, HTPC wont go to sleep).

It's also a bigger update with more device power options, like different settings for MP start, stop, sleep and resume from sleep, options to set power state of any HDMI-device using logical addresses and extensions plugin support for changing most settings straight from MediaPortal-GUI.

Hi megahorst.
    I'm really exited about this update.
    Do you already know when it should be finished?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If we had to wait until I'm ready we had to wait until the end of days. The last times I have coded something was 15 years ago with Borland Delphi.

I think we should ask @Tuomaa ;-)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a question. With the TV Remote only these Buttons works: Up, Down, Right, Left and Select. My System is a LG Tv and a Onkyo AVR. But I need the back button because without this function I can't navigate in Mediaportal. Why is probably the only work these buttons? If this is not supported by the amplifier or the TV? Or is it the software or the CEC Bridge ?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV decides which buttons are sent to HDMI-CEC devices.
    You can try to play arround with the device settings in the configuration of the plugin. Perhaps another type sends more buttons.
    If this does not help the last chance is the windows application that is comming from pulse eight. It has a message window where all CEC messages are logged. You can try the missing buttons and have a look to the logging window. If you can see communication while buttons are pressed Tuomaa should be able to implement these buttons.
    If not your very last chance is to have a look for a new TV firmware...

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay thank you. I had done a Firmware update but it didn't help. And another device setting didn't not help, too. So I had download the windows application, but there is a lot of communication in the Log Window without pressing any buttons of the remote. So I can't recognize antyhing. I have attached the log File without pressing any button of the remote. Can you help me what I have to do ?

Caesium

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2011
    Solihull
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This looks like a great project and I'm keen to try it out :D

Before I spend £30 on the CEC adapter though, is there a way to find out which buttons on my TV remote will work? I've a Samsung UE46D8000, and the remote has a good few buttons that I could hopefully remap into essential MediaPortal functions, if they get passed through. Anyone tried with this TV by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom