CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay thank you. I had done a Firmware update but it didn't help. And another device setting didn't not help, too. So I had download the windows application, but there is a lot of communication in the Log Window without pressing any buttons of the remote. So I can't recognize antyhing. I have attached the log File without pressing any button of the remote. Can you help me what I have to do ?

You should try to disable the debug output. Then it should be easier to see the output of the button presses. I thing a button press is always traffic.
    You can also try to find someone with a LG TV in the pulse-eight forum.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    This looks like a great project and I'm keen to try it out :D

Before I spend £30 on the CEC adapter though, is there a way to find out which buttons on my TV remote will work? I've a Samsung UE46D8000, and the remote has a good few buttons that I could hopefully remap into essential MediaPortal functions, if they get passed through. Anyone tried with this TV by any chance?
    Im also interested in this, I don't have the same tv model, but I think it would be the same for the latest samsung tv's, people who already tested it should post their tv models and what works and what don't

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got a crash after S3 resume, and one of the last things in the error log said something about the cec plugin.
    Code:
    2013-01-30 16:38:43.858020 [ERROR][(15)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2013-01-30 16:38:43.860020 [ERROR][(15)]: Exception  :System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
      at System.String..ctor(SByte* value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
      at CecSharp.CecCallbackMethods.CecAlertManaged(libcec_alert alert, libcec_parameter* data)
    2013-01-30 16:38:43.860020 [ERROR][(15)]: Exception  :Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
    2013-01-30 16:38:43.861020 [ERROR][(15)]:  site	  :Void .ctor(SByte*, Int32, Int32)
    2013-01-30 16:38:43.861020 [ERROR][(15)]:  source	:mscorlib
    2013-01-30 16:38:43.861020 [ERROR][(15)]:  stacktrace:  at System.String..ctor(SByte* value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
      at CecSharp.CecCallbackMethods.CecAlertManaged(libcec_alert alert, libcec_parameter* data)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm really exited about this update. Do you already know when it should be finished?
    It should be ready late next week. It's not much work, but there has been couple other things going on and taking time.

Hi does this plug in work under windows 8 and how reliable is it? I am not sure if I should by a ir receiver or use this a CEC adaptor for one of my MPclients.
    Has someone actually tested this? I can't think any reasons why it would not work, but unfortunately I don't have win 8 to test.

Before I spend £30 on the CEC adapter though, is there a way to find out which buttons on my TV remote will work?
    You could always ask Pulse-eight or in their forums. I'm not aware of any detailed list of tv makes and models. Generally speaking this plugin itself is able to use all the keys that libcec recognizes.

People who already tested it should post their tv models and what works and what don't
    This is a good idea. I'll start: Sony KDL-40HX723, overall 33 supported buttons, all playback buttons, all navigation buttons, tuning buttons (numbers), color buttons (red, green, yellow, blue), Electronic program guide and options.

I got a crash after S3 resume, and one of the last things in the error log said something about the cec plugin.
    Can you post complete error.log and mediaportal.log

Last edited:

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My Tv: Samsung LE40A615A3F

Working Buttons: Numbers 0-9, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Arrow Buttons, OK Button, Exit Button, Ch up, Ch down, Pause
    Stop, ffwd, rew, next, previous

Not working Buttons: Info, Guide, Menu, Teletext, Record (my TV doesn't recognize Mediaportal as recording device), Play (always recognized as Pause)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    LG 42SL9500

working Buttons:
    • Navigation
      • Up
      • Down
      • Left
      • Right
      • Ok/Select
    • Playback
      • Play
      • Pause
      • ffwd
      • rew
    [DOUBLEPOST=1359755439][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Okay thank you. I had done a Firmware update but it didn't help. And another device setting didn't not help, too. So I had download the windows application, but there is a lot of communication in the Log Window without pressing any buttons of the remote. So I can't recognize antyhing. I have attached the log File without pressing any button of the remote. Can you help me what I have to do ?

You should try to disable the debug output. Then it should be easier to see the output of the button presses. I thing a button press is always traffic.
    You can also try to find someone with a LG TV in the pulse-eight forum.

Thank you, but it will no longer transmit buttons. This has confirmed to me the same way the LG support will not be a firmware update.

Is not quite as bad as I manage to "AmpDroid" use. Nice it would be if only that would work together on and off of PC, TV and AVR.

At present, the end of MediaPortal Although the AVR eye on but the TV remains on.
    When you turn on the TV, only with the AVR is turned on and stays off. Is there maybe a way that does both?

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Philips 50PFL7956K/02

All buttons working. Repeat does not work though, but the cec tray sees repeated commands and even a release button event, so this should be fixable in the plugin (if only i had more time these days)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Philips 40PFL6606

working:0-9/subtitle/text
    navigate inkl. back and ok
    prev/next chapter
    epg
    red/green/yellow/blue
    rew/ff/play/pause/stopp

not working:
    home/options
    button repeat

When I'm remenber right the repeat feauture has worked ones. It stopped working after I had played with the option in the plugin config.
    It seems to me that I was working with the initial setting (nothing) and yes or no has another behavior.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Philips 42pfl7606h:
    118 Max
    81 SubPicture
    32 Number0
    40 Number8