CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Do you know if it is possible to map the Samsung home key (the one with a house design on it)? Because when I press it, it shows the home menu of the tv, I would like it shows the home menu of MePo! Thanks.
    i think it's not possible,n because this button is only related to your samsung tv.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, it works with "previous menu", this is what I need.
    Do you know if it is possible to map the Samsung home key (the one with a house design on it)? Because when I press it, it shows the home menu of the tv, I would like it shows the home menu of MePo! Thanks.
    Can you post a screenshot of your configuration?

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    In fact, it seems that there is a conflict between the Samsung return key and the exit key. For example with the below configuration, both keys return "home". If the exit key is mapped (same configuration, as below) and not the Samsung key, the exit key returns "previuos page".
    In fact, I cannot have, with 2 different keys, what is possible with the keyboard escape key and H key (that is to say: previous page and home page).
    What is my error?

Attachments

• cec configuration.png
      cec configuration.png
      152.4 KB
    • cec remote configuration 2.png
      cec remote configuration 2.png
      155 KB

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In fact, it seems that there is a conflict between the Samsung return key and the exit key.
    Have you tried to use the CEC Debug tool to check what is sent by the buttons when you use them?
    Mediaportal has o be closed when using this tool, Otherwise the adapter will be blocked. (If I remember right)

This would be my first check if I had to debug your problem.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I installed the libcec tray, I played with mepo and the remote, i closed MePo, I opened libcectray, I went to "file" and "advanced mode", then I clicked on "log output".
    I see many lines but no one indicating a pressed key of the remote...so please (and sorry) but I need your help!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've been tempted to get the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC adapters for many years but always end up settling for my existing workarounds.

It appears AMD might not end up adding CEC support to their Navi cards as I was lead to believe, so I'm tired of waiting, and am just going to get this adapter.

Can somebody please confirm that CECRemote works on MediaPortal 1.22?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @megahorst thank you, order placed, May 15th expected delivery... Amazon is slow when you don't pay for Prime, but I'd rather wait than pay $120/year extra. Once package actually ships it sometimes arrives faster, marketing tactics I am sure to convince me to pay for Prime :D

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi ,

I've just bought the CEC adapter, Mediaportal is refusing to connect to it ,unfortunately.
    It works only with software provided in bundle

in mediaportal logs i found these lines

[2019-09-27 19:35:10,045] [Log ] [CECMain ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Lib created succesfully.
    [2019-09-27 19:35:10,045] [Log ] [CECMain ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Opening connection to CEC-Adapter...
    [2019-09-27 19:35:20,545] [Log ] [CECMain ] [DEBUG] - CecRemote: Connection to adapter on port: COM3 failed

what am i doing wrong ?

thank you for any help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom