CECRemote [0.9.7] (6 Viewers)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    after a joyful time of swapping hdmi cables that i have at home, seems i found a working combination.
    all seems to work as aspected.
    there is just one thing thant is not clear to me, is it possible to send a poweroff to tv and avr when i shutdown pc from mediaportal ?

thank you

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes if all are connected to the same HDMI i.e. HTPC to Pulse 8 to AVR to TV, see attached screen shot of my settings. You will also need to set the same for resume.
    cecset1.jpg

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've done that, but it is not working, maybe because i shutdown and not sleep ? or should it be the same ?
    thanks

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It works for me with both Sleep and Hibernation but not if I tell MP to shutdown the PC. What does your AVR do and are you sure your TV is CEC compliant? I guess you could try setting options for "MP Exit" but the negative of that is you will put the AVR/TV to standby every time you close MP to go to the desktop.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It works for me with both Sleep and Hibernation but not if I tell MP to shutdown the PC. What does your AVR do and are you sure your TV is CEC compliant? I guess you could try setting options for "MP Exit" but the negative of that is you will put the AVR/TV to standby every time you close MP to go to the desktop.

that is exactly why avoided to put in on mediaportal exit. Probably poweroff is fired to tv and avr only only on a sleep or hibernate command.
    I'll check the plugin code , maybe it helps to understand the behavior.

I think tv (philips) and Avr (marantz) are cec compliant, wake up and controlilng mediaportal from tv remotecontrol is working, as the wakeup . Also i have a libreelec (rasppi) and firetv 4k on the avr and their cec is working perfectly.
    Problably as usual the problem is the one on the couch :)

Thank you

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    guys, thank you for your support, but after a chat with the support service of pulse height i will send back my cec adapter. It' a scam. In fact they say it is 4k compatible and also hdmi 2.0b, but actually it is not able to go over the 1080p 4:4:4 bandwith..... It's a pity because it's awasome as cec adapter. :(

do you know if there are other cec usb adapter libcec compatible (that support correctly hdmi 2.0b) ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Darnit, I require full 4K HDR, but moved to a new location in the middle of getting CEC adapter, so it has been in the zip-lock bag still figured I'd get to it later.

Now my return/refund window is closed I bet, so I'm screwed :cry:

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Darnit, I require full 4K HDR, but moved to a new location in the middle of getting CEC adapter, so it has been in the zip-lock bag still figured I'd get to it later.

Now my return/refund window is closed I bet, so I'm screwed :cry:

now they provided this workaround.....

I've escalated the issue for you and I've been informed of a workaround which will enable you to get the picture on the output you desire.
    In order to do this you will need TWO HDMI cables and you'll need to set it up as follows:
    PC -> USB-CEC -> HDMI -> TV
    PC -> HDMI -> TV
    When using Windows, use the HDMI input that the PC uses when asked for settings, not the actual HDMI input that the USB-CEC adapter uses.

i give them a last chance....

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So, requires two HDMI outputs, which is becoming rare as well, as most modern videocards are 3x DP + 1x HDMI. I do have quality DP-1.4-to-HDMI-2.0 adapters though which support 4K HDR as I use them on my workstation so I can rely on cheap 4K TVs for monitors, and I have some older DP-1.2-to-HDMI-1.4 adapters that I used before, so I might be able to do:
    • PC -> HDMI -> Marantz -> TV/Projector
    • PC -> DP -> DP-to-HDMI-Adapter -> HDMI -> USB-CEC -> HDMI -> Marantz -> TV/Projector
    My HTPC is still in a moving box as I have to finish more construction first, and relying on an NVidia Shield with Kodi for the time being. CEC works on that one, but I cannot for the life of me get Atmos to work. First world problems :mad:

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    So, requires two HDMI outputs, which is becoming rare as well, as most modern videocards are 3x DP + 1x HDMI. I do have quality DP-1.4-to-HDMI-2.0 adapters though which support 4K HDR as I use them on my workstation so I can rely on cheap 4K TVs for monitors, and I have some older DP-1.2-to-HDMI-1.4 adapters that I used before, so I might be able to do:
    • PC -> HDMI -> Marantz -> TV/Projector
    • PC -> DP -> DP-to-HDMI-Adapter -> HDMI -> USB-CEC -> HDMI -> Marantz -> TV/Projector
    My HTPC is still in a moving box as I have to finish more construction first, and relying on an NVidia Shield with Kodi for the time being. CEC works on that one, but I cannot for the life of me get Atmos to work. First world problems :mad:

just for information, as I was axpecting this workaround messing the active/inative device commands.... so i can see 4k but i still having to manaully switch inpunt on AVR .

I will send back the cec adaptor.

Damn pulse-height, i thought they were leaders profession in those things...but they are not :( thay made me loose time and at least 15 euro ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom