[WiP] Centralised database in My Video, My Pictures and folder settings (2 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Every client now can access this (and normally did this during startup) so a sync is done semi- automatically once per run...
    A lot of files on a network drive. I now there are more than 1000. :(

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It is done in background while you are able to use Kodi as normal. Only the first time it takes long until all media is read. But that is the same as on all other systems, no matter if it is MP or Plex or WMC or,... Once you have all your media in the db you can start using them also the sync is running in background.

Added 3 lines in the configuration file
    Not more needed to use centralized SQLIte DB in MP1... But without any guarantee... Same is for Kodi, it is also without any support or named as "stable"...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Same is for Kodi, it is also without any support or named as "stable"...
    Maybe, but this function is a long time. And it works flawlessly. I do not know why it has not yet been carried to the settings. And have not removed the status of "advanced (complicated) and experimental" and replaced it with a stable.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    PS: When I added support for MySQL in MePoTols, I did not notice the difference in running time between database to SQLite (via a network) and MySQL.
    Both databases are physically located on the same server.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I added 350 files to a network folder and added some statistics rows to my dev build.

Here is my test result:

MySQL on remote: GUIVideoFiles:LoadDirectory is finished in 6060 ms
    MySQL on local: GUIVideoFiles:LoadDirectory is finished in 2561 ms
    SQLlite on remote share: GUIVideoFiles:LoadDirectory is finished in 2303 ms
    SQLite on local: GUIVideoFiles:LoadDirectory is finished in 1302 ms

It means the MySQL is slower then SQLite but the big difference if the database is in remote.

I can speed up the MySQL on remote: from 6 sec to 4-4.5 sec on same folder. This is not a big result but better than nothing.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I can speed up the MySQL on remote: from 6 sec to 4-4.5 sec on same folder. This is not a big result but better than nothing.
    Maybe on the server, which indexes to correct? Or where there is a bottleneck? Maybe it makes sense, take all possible data, and then it locally, from memory select?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Maybe on the server, which indexes to correct? Or where there is a bottleneck?

I win some ms by rewriting some code. The ms can be second if the iteration is big (many file in one folder). The client caching is bad think because we want to use many clients at same time.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Another test with database view using Actors view. I have 20000 actors in my test db.

Old: GUIVideoTitle:LoadDirectory is finished in 162368 ms
    New: GUIVideoTitle:LoadDirectory is finished in 101447 ms

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The client caching is bad think because we want to use many clients at same time.
    I mean that we should abandon the many small requests in favor of one big one. And then to process the data from it. At least when you open the plug-in, or entering into a new folder.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Attention!!!!

The new version (MediaPortalSetup_1.11.0_2015-03-21-19-38mysql.zip) requires new database because of the old one was created with wrong characters/collation. Do not install it without drop the old databases! The installer wont drop the databases. You need to do that. Sorry.

Change log:
    • Little speed improvement
    • Wake On Lan feature for database host
    • Bugfixes
    • Based on 1.11 Final

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom