changing DVD cover in 'video' section (1 Viewer)

dmcaloney

Portal Member
October 5, 2011
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hi there,

I am looking to make mods to the 'video' section to do with the skin.

So far I have managed to change the default background image (eventually!) from the red cinema seats picture to a picture of my choice by overwriting the 'hover_myvideos' file in the media folder.

However, I also want to change the current grey gradient image that is shown in the dvd cover area for each share in the 'video' list view.

Can anyone tell me how I go about this please? Couldnt see an obvious image file to replace, or is there more to it than that?

Thanks.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi dmcaloney,

can you provide a screenshot maybe, and mark on it exactly what you like to change? :) I don't know exactly what you mean now.. Maybe I can help a bit. :)

Best regards,

Marcel

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Marcel, many thanks.

I will take a screen grab from home tonight, but basically I am after:

when you click on 'videos' from the main menu, the first screen shown (share view) has my 4 shares on the right hand side in list view. However on the left hand side of each of these is a rectangular box (presumably where a cover associated with that share can be displayed). Mine is currently a grey box i.e. no cover shown.

I would like to be able to configure a DVD cover for this instead of having a grey box. Or if that is not possible, replace the jpg/png for the grey box with a better image.

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Sorry powermarcel, finally got that screengrab to show you.

Its the are I have pointed to with the red arrow. Thanks.

Attachments

• screengrab2.JPG
      screengrab2.JPG
      44.1 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi dmcaloney,

now i know what you mean :)

It's very easy to add them: Place in each folder an image and call them; "folder.jpg" (maybe .png is also supported, but I'm not shure about that)

Now they showup nicelly..

I have no solution in mind yet for optical drivers, but will think about it...

EDIT: I managed a solution for the problem above.. (when no folder.jpg is availible..)

I have taked a look into the skinfiles.. StreamedMP is using the file: "defaultdvdcover.png" as default image.. That's the grey/black empty image you see.. You can easely change that one for a image you like.. Just choose an image, and name it "defaultdvdcover.png" and put it into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media

You can use this one by example:

Attachments

• defaultdvdcover.png
      defaultdvdcover.png
      26.5 KB

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Great thanks for this :)

However I already tried the 'folder.jpg' trick and it didnt seem to work. It works in the next level down screen i.e. when I click on the share and I see the list of avi files, but simply placing a file called folder.jpg in the main share folder didnt seem to work, but I will try this again tonight at home in case I was doing something wrong.

I did find that png file you mentioned and replaced that too, but again it didnt seem to like it. However maybe there was a problem with the size of file I used or something, so again I will also try the file you have provided. Many thanks for your help.

p.s. I should mention that all my 'shares' are on a different PC and are network shares. I didnt think that would matter though as functionally they work perfectly.

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I can confirm the folder.jpg solution did not work. I will try replacing the defaultdvdcover.png tomorrow.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's strange.. I have test it here and it did work fine with the folder.jpg image.. Are you using the latest version of StreamedMP?

Are you shure you put the image in the right folder?

dmcaloney

Portal Member
    October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I am using v1.7.2. Putting a file in folders called folder.jpg works in my 'pictures' section very well. It doesnt seem to work in my videos section.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am using v1.7.2. Putting a file in folders called folder.jpg works in my 'pictures' section very well. It doesnt seem to work in my videos section.

Well, why don't you upgrade to the latest StreamedMP? Wich version of Mediaportal are you using BTW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom