channel change causes tv to freeze (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im also having the same problem with aussie tv channels specifically abc24 and nine, go!

im using a tv server pc and a client pc (over ethernet)

i also posted in the other thread about the same glitches - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/crashes-tv-guide-resume-100173/

i have found if it hit a combination of "stop", "windows-home" and "back" on my remote i find myself back at the home screen!
    if i pick a channel inside the epg i get sound and a black screen
    then i stop the tv streaming to the client(notification popups still appear- to tell me im stopping the timeshift)
    i pick the channel again from the epg ... all is working again ... until the next time it wants to glitch out

rexdog

Portal Member
    January 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I know how frustrating it can be. Just to say that after my last post in this thread on what worked for me, I still haven't had any problems. I still haven't DL'ed additional plugins yet except for those listed, but the system has been very stable for the last few months.

all the best

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    This is exactly the same issue as me...

I was running Mp 1.0.3 for some time and had only an issue where video skipped every couple of minutes. Drove me nuts but I MP and codecs are a nightmare so I didn't though a thing.

Finally decided to upgrade and was having the same issue switching to ABC24 and gem. I only have the saf6 codec pack and core avc. Every combination of ffdshow, lav, core avc and the default mpeg decoders yields different issues from the video playing at half speed on live channels, to channels not changing to streams not playing or very glitchy operation.

I use XBMC for the main part of my media center and have no worries, but the Tv side has always been unbeaten with MP but I might revert back to an older build because I don't think the TV side of these latest ones is quite up to scratch yet. I am sure that codecs are cause of all issues but it is painful to stuff around with codecs for hours and hours just to watch tv. Ugh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom