Channel combination with two different set-top boxes (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you mean the "IR Blasting details" rather than the "tuningdetails"

sirgaric

Portal Member
    June 19, 2012
    Zarauz, Pais Vasco, Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I was referring to the table TuningDetail in the main database. As far as I know, is in that table where the channel number to be blasted is stored, in the field channelNumber.

Where are those "IR Blasting details" stored in?

sirgaric

Portal Member
    June 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have done some more tests and it seems fairly clear that its the TV server who does not handle this as it should. Its a pity, since its a wonderful software, but I suppose my setup is quite strange and was not taken into account when developing the channel combination feature. Back to separate channels for now!

Thanks anyway for the help, you are great

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion, but can't you re-number your channels.

This won't work once they have been combined, but if you clear all the channels, and then scan both set top boxes, you can then edit the channels numbers for each one before combining. If you ensure that the channels numbers of the channels you want to combine are the same, then would this fix your problem?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is still probably a bug and might be worth documenting (for possible fix) if it can be confirmed @Developers @Testers

sirgaric

Portal Member
    June 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion, but can't you re-number your channels.

This won't work once they have been combined, but if you clear all the channels, and then scan both set top boxes, you can then edit the channels numbers for each one before combining. If you ensure that the channels numbers of the channels you want to combine are the same, then would this fix your problem?

That's the first thing I tried, but unfortunately my STBs wont let me renumber channels. Spanish TV operators are a nice bunch, aren't they?

Last edited:

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    I mean renumber them in mediaportal TV Server.

Edit: Although like you I don't know if it is the channel number or ID that determines the blasting.

Last edited:

sirgaric

Portal Member
    June 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It is the Channel Number in the Tuning Details what determines the blasting. The problem is that when channels merge, the link between the channel number and the card is lost, and therefore TV server doesnt really know what channel number corresponds to what card, and it takes the first it founds. This means that in my case ~50% of the times the blasting will be incorrect.

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    That's what I mean about editing the channel numbers for each card to make they are the same before you merge. That way it doesn't matter if they get mixed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom