Channel rescan Toowoomba Qld Australia, can't find channels? (1 Viewer)

goughy

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey guys,

Our area (just outside of Toowoomba) has just had its fta channels bump frequencies, or something, and I've had to rescan all our TV's, or fetch TV box, and am now doing my mediaportal channels. Except mediaportal can not find one single channel during a rescan.

I had no issues with any other device, a rescan found all channels. But I currently have none in mediaportal. I'm at a bit of a loss why, shouldn't just scan for channels find them? I've entered my correct region /provider for the scan, but also tried all regions.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

What version of MP are you using?
    I think we updated a whole load of Australian tuning details in MP 1.8. If you're not using MP 1.8 then that might explain the problem.

mm

goughy

Portal Member
    February 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Pretty sure it's 1.7. Haven't updated for a while. Had forgotten you'd updated. I'll give that a go. Thx :)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi goughy

I had the same issue when they moved Win & ABC in the Townsville area.

Eventually I selected "Australia all regions safe" and it found all the stations.

It takes a little bit longer to scan and I have done the same on my sisters setup and I had the same result.

I am running MP 1.8 and I couldn't get the stations before trying this.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Glen

goughy

Portal Member
    February 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey glen,

Yeah, had tried that. I reckon updating to 1.8 will probably be the go. Will have to get around to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom