Channel Scan for HDHomerun Prime not matching (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The eval in my CableCard environment did not go so well with the issue described in the tread. I believe I have followed the setup Wiki and other info provided in this thread and others.
    Okay. If you're interested in pursuing this (I am!) then the next step is for you to provide debug-level TV Server log files showing a full scan. That'll enable me to confirm whether your config is okay or not. If your config is not okay, the solution should be to simply fix the config. On the other hand, if your config is good, there are the 3 workarounds mentioned in my previous reply. You've said you're not willing to add all the missing channels manually, which is understandable. That still leaves 2 workarounds untried.

The problem the original poster presented was never fully addressed other than a workaround to manually add channels even though it appeared all the info requested by you was provided.
    If (and that's a big if - everything's an assumption until log files are provided) we make the assumption that you have the same problem as the original poster (OP), the comments in my previous replies are applicable. We have no ability to fully address the problem, because that would entail adding the missing channels to the CableCARD lineup. Only the cable provider can do that. Therefore the best we can do is to list and explain workarounds.

Is it possible the thing the two other posters and I have in common is MP support for HDHR, CableCard with tuning adapter?
    Other people have similar setups working fine. HDHRs, CableCARDs, tuning adapters... working.

Again, assuming you have the same problem as the OP, I think it would be more accurate to say that the thing you have in common is that your cable providers don't include all their channels in the lineup provided to the CableCARD. That can happen with any tuner and with or without a tuning adapter.

I have the HDHR app, NextPVR and WMC all able to see and access 500+ channels where MP sees 171.
    • MP - AFAIK supports all CableCARD tuners. Pulls standardised (by Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers [SCTE]) CableCARD lineup information from the standardised (by CableLabs) CableCARD tuner interface.
    • HDHR app - Only supports HDHR. AFAIK pulls lineup information from the tuner via a proprietary (vendor-specific) interface. Since the tuner can communicate with the TA, SiliconDust can make that lineup include channels that the TA knows about but that aren't in the CableCARD lineup.
    • NextPVR - AFAIK exactly the same as for the HDHR app. Only supports the HDHR + proprietary interface etc.
    • WMC - Supports all CableCARD tuners. Microsoft pays for lineup information, so doesn't have to rely on the standardised CableCARD lineup/interface like we do.
    MP could in theory do the same as the HDHR app and NextPVR... but then what do we do about Ceton, ATI and Hauppauge CableCARD tuners which don't have the same proprietary interface as the HDHR? We don't consider dropping support for those other tuners to be an acceptable solution.
    MP could in theory do the same as WMC. However, we rely on donations and unfortunately can't afford to pay for such luxuries.

I hope this is all making sense. Like I said at the start of this reply, I'm still very keen to assist you to get a working setup. Next step is log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom