Cinema | Page 11

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BigGranu, January 31, 2014.

1. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,619 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Most likely the "old" plugin.xml file is in your folder. This did not have the adoptions for the new compatibility system introduces with Summer 15.
    But Cinema generally did not work with latest builds any longer due to fanart issues... It first needs to be updated by a dev, before it can be used any further.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BigGranu
    • Team MediaPortal

BigGranu Development Group

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I will update the "plugin.xml" and remove the Fanart.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,359 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    As first step it's ok. But would be good to keep the FanArt support of course.
    @Brownard uses FanArt in his emulators plugin, perhaps he can also tell you how to adopt the code for Cinema and WebRadio.
    Both are great plugins and I'd liek to keep them with FanArt support :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,619 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I had done some plugin.xml for the plugins I'm using. It was working most everywhere, Only Cinema lately stops working. I've attached my plugin.xml for Cinema. Maybe someone can use it.
    That is the good thing about MP2 compatibility system. Even as an average user one is able to test, if the plugin still is working, also the dev has not jet updated it...

Attached Files:

• plugin.7z
      File size:
      1.7 KB
      Uploaded:
      June 19, 2016
      Views:
  6. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,359 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Same result with your plugin.xml. Cinema doesn't even show up. I tried to delete all settings already.

7. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,619 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yes, exactly what I was seeing lately. You can see the error messages in the logs that Cinema can not be started... But without this plugin.xml Cinema would not have worked since Summer 15 Release.

8. BigGranu
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Remove the Fanart Service in xml. (This line)
    Code (XML):
    1. <PluginReference PluginId="{15FD97A4-D925-4D8A-9DF0-5349743EED0C}" CompatibleAPI="1"/>
    This works for me.

9. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,359 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, that helped fianally. At least it's starting again. We urgently need to update the plugin download pages. Most versions from there are not working, sometimes we have updates versions somewhere in forum.
    After creating the missing skin files and hopefully restored fanarts, I'll update all downloads.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BigGranu
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +178 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I've attached a new version. Please Test this.
    The Fanart ist working with "Titan Extended". Otherwise not.:confused:

Attached Files:

• Cinema.zip
      File size:
      176.5 KB
      Uploaded:
      June 19, 2016
      Views:
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,359 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    This version makes Cinema visible in MP2, but when selecting there is a flicker and I'm directly back to HomeMenu.

[2016-06-19 19:19:45,511] [396 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'Cinema' [Version: 1.3; Authors: BigGranu; ID: '6c74404d-5d4e-4774-a368-01911886b7ec'] enabled.
    [2016-06-19 19:19:45,529] [414 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SettingsManager: Error setting property 'LastUpdate' in settings of type 'CinemaSettings', using default value
    System.InvalidOperationException: Fehler im XML-Dokument (1,2). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: <string xmlns=''> wurde nicht erwartet.
    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationPrimitiveReader.Read_dateTime()
    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.DeserializePrimitive(XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.Settings.SettingsFileHandler.GetValue(String entryName, Type type)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.Settings.SettingsManager.LoadSettingsObject(Type settingsType)
    [2016-06-19 19:19:45,536] [421 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SettingsManager: Error loading settings of type 'CinemaSettings'
    System.ArgumentException: Das Objekt mit dem Typ "System.String" kann nicht in den Typ "System.DateTime" konvertiert werden.
    bei System.RuntimeType.TryChangeType(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean needsSpecialCast)
    bei System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    bei System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InvokeArgumentsCheck(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, Object[] index)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.Settings.SettingsManager.LoadSettingsObject(Type settingsType)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!