[further infos missing] Clean install of 1.3 - cant enter music section, just hangs mediaportal (1 Viewer)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have performed a clean install of mp 1.3beta on 3 different computers. In each case, I have setup the music folder as a shared drive that is sat in my NAS. In previous installs of mediaportal this is fine, and in the settings pane, it sees the files, and states that it has updated the database on doing a scan. I have deleted other sources in Mediaportal, as I dont use a local cd/dvd drive in the box. When I go to the Music option on the main screen, I get a blank page with all of the backdround image showing, but nothing actually loads, and mediaportal becomes unresponsive.

As this has happend on 3 different machines, I am assuming that something has changed in the 1.3beta from prior installs of mediaportal. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue and do they have any hints on how to overcome?

c128

Portal Member
    July 17, 2007
    Just a note to say that I had the same issue, but in a recent upgrade from the 1.3 Beta to the RC.
    I re-built the music database and it seems to have gone away...

SVoyager

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello, just saying that I have the same issue right now. I did a rescan and it did see the music files on the rescan however when starting MP and going into the music menu, if I try to access the files on the network, it will crash MP. Here is the .zip file of the logs generated when crashing.

Also note, I wasn't sure if it was caused by my music library so I actually copied the whole library on the local drive and when accessing it, it works fine. So it appears to be something related specifically to the networked portion of the task.

Hope this helps!
    SV

GiN_negro

Portal Member
    April 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same problem here after updating from 1.2.3. and i have all my music in the local drive.

Thanks for the effort!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My guess is a problem with the database but we really need logs!
    Thanks!

SVoyager

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    BTW, if you guys need additional testing beyond the logs I sent earlier, just ask me what to do! The problem can be very easily reproduced on my end so this can be a good test bench for you guys! I would be happy to help out!

SV

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BTW, if you guys need additional testing beyond the logs I sent earlier, just ask me what to do! The problem can be very easily reproduced on my end so this can be a good test bench for you guys! I would be happy to help out!

SV

But your problem seems to be network related? If you copy the files to a local drive everything works as it should?

SVoyager

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Indeed, but why would MP hang when accessing the network? If the share was not accessible, the application probably would have given an error msg instead of just plain crashing? I would have not been able to copy the entire music library back to the htpc manually if the network was problematic. So the problem might be related to the networked operation of the task but something in MP appears to not deal with that correctly. Worst case scenario would be an error msg, not a "task not responding" state?

FYI, I am currently testing a bit further and once I make MP hang by accessing the networked music library, I still see that there is alot of network activity. Even after 5 minutes of letting it sit in a hanged state, there is still lots of activity. Could it be that MP is actually trying to download the whole library off the network instead of just listing its contents? I'll let it sit there for some more time and see if it eventually "un-hangs" or if the network activity dies down.

SV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom