MP2 - V2.1 Client Crash / Unrepsonsive (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I just reinstalled MP2 to have another go with it. Found shortly after installing I had two instances of the GUI dying and had to kill the process. First happened after adding the media sources, backing out to menu, entering settings pane, clicking setting tile and then navigating to media import status option (where it tells you % complete importing). It didn't load up the screen, I got some spinning dots and those and the GUI just froze (earliest logs).

Second happening when selecting antialiasing. I selected option (4 samples) and hit apply and it just froze up again. I imagine this should be an allowable option, I don't know (see later logs).

Thanks

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks for the logs. Unfortunately the server logs are missing. The attached logs are from the MP1 TV Server.

I got some spinning dots and those and the GUI just froze (earliest logs).
    The importer process in your version can use an important share of your CPU capacity and the GUI may appear to be frozen - yet it is not, but simply not really responsive. This has already been addressed for the final version. Without the server logs it is not possible to trace your observations back to the importer.

Second happening when selecting antialiasing.
    I see lots of
    Code:
    [2017-01-28 11:44:35,939] [9612   ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - Error loading configuration class 'MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerSettings.Settings.Configuration.ServerMovieMDEBrowseOffline'
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    Again not much to say without server logs.

Are you sure that you stopped the MP1 server before installing MP2?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Antialiasing does generally not work, I had always crashes when changing. I think we should remove it from settings if faulty.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Will add server log shortly but obviously be from now, not then.

But stop MP1 TV Server? For what? I installed MP2 Server on a PC without Mediaportal and on PC with MP1 installed I installed MP2 client only. There is some conflict?

That also makes me confused, why CPU cycles of client machine are used (and cause lag in client) to import media when I installed MP2 server on seperate machine and my media source is a server local file (I thought this was the point of server only install - server does work, not the clients). Doesn't the server machine crunch the import stuff and its actually the clients?

Thanks!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will add server log shortly but obviously be from now, not then.
    Then please try to reproduce the issues first before collecting new logs.

But stop MP1 TV Server? For what? I installed MP2 Server on a PC without Mediaportal and on PC with MP1 installed I installed MP2 client. There is some conflict?
    Not in this case. Obviously you won't have TV, but that's not what you are after at this time.

That also makes me confused, why CPU cycles of client machine are used (and cause lag in client) to import media
    Well, you want the newly added media to be dynamically accessible, don't you? The alternative would have been to not update at all andlet the server finish before displaying new information.

when I installed MP2 server on seperate machine and my media source is a server local file (I thought this was the point of server only install).
    This is a somehow limited view. Files can be anywhere, not necessarily on the same machine as the server, as long as they are accessible through the network.

Doesn't the server machine crunch the import stuff and its actually the clients?
    I am not sure that I understand what you mean.

Again, please note that the importer has already been modified.[/QUOTE]

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I think I found it confusing when you said the Client GUI hangs because import is occuring - I assumed that meant my Client was actually doing the activity of scraping the media source and retrieving meta data, not the Server. But I guess my misunderstanding and like you say, fixed already :)

I attached the server log anyhow - maybe there are entries still which line up with the time stamp of my client logs.

I also noticed when I logged into my server the MP2 process had stopped (I actually noticed first when I loaded up the client and it said the server wasn't attached). Am I correct to assume server process should never end unless I manually stop it with the monitor? For sure I didn't touch it, only thing I remember doing was restarting the client because it hung when scrolling through cover views (which I see you already have Jira entry for).

Thanks.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also noticed when I logged into my server the MP2 process had stopped.
    Server1.log shows a successful import of your media items and has last logging at 14:04. At 14:03 your client went offline, only to return one minute later. No errors were logged.
    Server.log shows a server restart at 15:12. You could check your local event protocol to see if an application error got logged there. We have heard about this issue before but it then was never reproducible by the reporter. ;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    How to check local event protocol?

Hmm. Thinking about it, I had to start the monitor again too so guess that died as well, unless server and monitor are one and the same.

But it didn't finish importing for sure. Movies did but Series did not, I just fired it off again on the client, it got maybe 3/4 way through.

I haven't had Client GUI freeze again though when entering the media sources overview so can't replicate that one.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I do not think the importer completed...
    There is nothing in the server 1 log indicating the importworker completed.
    Just before the last lines indicting the client went away you will see
    [2017-01-28 14:03:04,281] [10699821] [66 ] [INFO ] - ImporterWorker: 52 % completed (1 ImportJob(s), in total 10075 of 19310 so far identified resources processed)

Also, throughout this log...
    [2017-01-28 11:27:44,308] [1379847] [66 ] [INFO ] - VideoMetadataExtractor: Exception reading matroska tags from resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Data/Movies/Criminal (2016)/Criminal (2016).mkv' (Text: 'One or more errors occurred.')
    [2017-01-28 12:11:05,871] [3981411] [108 ] [INFO ] - VideoMetadataExtractor: Exception reading resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Data/TV/CSI NY/Season 2/CSI NY - S02E02 - Grand Murder at Central Station.avi' (Text: 'Not a valid Win32 FileTime.
    Parameter name: fileTime')
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Not a valid Win32 FileTime.
    [2017-01-28 12:11:06,081] [3981620] [55 ] [INFO ] - VideoMetadataExtractor: Exception reading resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Data/TV/CSI NY/Season 2/CSI NY - S02E03 - Zoo York.avi' (Text: 'Not a valid Win32 FileTime.
    [2017-01-28 12:11:06,109] [3981648] [74 ] [INFO ] - VideoMetadataExtractor: Exception reading resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Data/TV/CSI NY/Season 2/CSI NY - S02E17 - Necrophilia Americana.avi' (Text: 'Not a valid Win32 FileTime.

There are More of these Errors.... Maybe corrupt files? I have no way of telling

Also, I have seen after a crash of the Server process that the next time the server process is started it registers that there are No Pending imports...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom