Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The easiest way to get all streams to play is installing SAF.
    Configure the ffdshow audio and video codecs (FLV1 and VP6F should be enabled if you want ffdshow to handle flash video).
    You need to have Windows Media Player installed if you want to watch mms:// streams.

You don't need Adobe Flash Player or Apple Quicktime installed on your System.

Here is a good DirectShow Playback Guide that can help you understand how playback works.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have uninstalled Haali and installed the MPC files. I can play stand-alone mp4, mkv and every other format, but I STILL cannot get the MP4 streams to play. All other types of streams work fine.

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I,ve got all videos playing using the above codecs. But skipping or fast forward doesn't work for me (exept for nasa and tedtalks).

Has anyone else got this working?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I,ve got all videos playing using the above codecs. But skipping or fast forward doesn't work for me (exept for nasa and tedtalks).

Has anyone else got this working?

The WMV or MP4 Files allow skipping, but FLV-Streams seem not to be skippable using the standart player. I am not sure why. Maybe someone with deeper knowledge of the filters can help?

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I know it worked in one of the first releases of adultvideoes but that didn't use the internal player. Can't remember what it used..?

Skipping is the final step to make this plugin one of the best ones..

rajaijah

Portal Member
    May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi, I know it's not very easy to get all types of videos to play inside MediaPortal, so I'll try to explain what my System looks like, because I can play all that are configured when you install the latest version (as of now 0.7).

My setup only uses freely available codecs.

1. Uninstall Haali Media Splitter if you have it installed. Haali has problems with mp4 streams. In order to still play mkv, and mp4, I am using the splitter from MediaPlayerClassicHomeCinema (MPC-HC).

2. For mp4 video playback and FLV splitting, I am using the DirectShowFilters that are in the zipfile attached to this post. They are from a recent svn build of MPC-HC (just like the SAF). You can download the zip and extract it into a folder in your ProgrammFiles folder. After that you have to run the RegisterCodecs.bat, to make them availabe in your system (in Vista you need to run ist as Administrator).

3. For the audio part and FLV playback, I am using a recent svn build of ffdshow. You can find it here. When installing make sure to select all audio formats, and in the video selection FLV1 and FLV4 should be enabled (that's the format for flv videos).

4. If you want YahooMusicVideos to work, those videos can only be played using the SWF file from the Yahoo site with the ActiveX component of an installed Adobe Flash Player.

5. I don't have Quicktime installed (not sure if it is needed to be uninstalled).

I uninstalled the Haali Media Splitter and then downloaded the zip file. unzipped it in a new folder I created in program files (named it "ONLINEVIDEOS AUDIO Codecs") and then ran the .bat file as admin (i have vista). I am getting the following message.

any help

Attachments

• ONLINEVIDEOS-CODEC SETUP.jpg
      ONLINEVIDEOS-CODEC SETUP.jpg
      44.6 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you running the bat file from the same directory as the FLVSplitter.ax ? The error says it can't find the file.

rajaijah

Portal Member
    May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    India India
    I downloaded the zip file and extracted it to a folder I created " C:\program files\onlinevideos audio codecs"

inside the extracted folder I have the following:

FLVsplitter.ax
    matroskasplitter.ax
    mp4splitter.ax
    MPCvideodec.ax
    Registercodecs (batch file)

I run the batch file as admin in vista and I get the error message for all 4 of the .ax files.

Finally figured it out. The extracted batch file has the following commands

regsvr32 FLVsplitter.ax
    regsvr32 matroskasplitter.ax
    regsvr32 mp4splitter.ax
    regsvr32 MPCvideodec.ax

I just tried to run command prompt as admin and entered the following command and that did the trick.

regsvr32 " C:\program files\onlinevideos audio codecs\FLVsplitter.ax"

then just repeated similar commands for the matroskasplitter.ax, mp4splitter.ax and MPCvideodec.ax and they all registered fine.

then started MP and went to plugins and online videos and it works. able to watch youtube videos which were giving me audio codec error before.

thanks a lot guys.

ErwinB

Portal Member
    December 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for those instructions, worked for me.

However.......now when watching recorded TV, when fast forwarding or rewinding, I get no preview. I've read in other forums it may have to do with codecs. I've tried each codec with no success. Worked backwards through your instruction to uninstall to get it back to a working version but also no luck. Any idea why this is happening and what to do to fix it?

Thx.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom