Collection of Audio Renderer fixes for 1.3.0 beta (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I was running MPAR1 before upgrading to 1.3.0BETA, that's why I could find that it was not upgraded... It's strange.

I was sure, but seeing that MPAR was not updated, I was afraid dshowhelper also had the same problem. But I've checked the file, and it has been correctly updated.

Is it possible that those files were in use when the upgrade was done? (for example some GrahpEdit session connected / open)Haven't heard anyone else reporting a failure to update those - they are just copied by NSIS so there isn't that much room for error.

You can always check fromt he MPAudioRenderer.log what version it reports - as far as I remember 1.3.0 beta has 1.04 for MPAR.

for your work. It's awesome to be able to decode AC3 + DTS in software and pass full untouched 5.1 PCM channels to my amp via WASAPI. :) Let's see if BASS Player also implements this finally... :p

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It shouldn't have been locked by the time I upgraded my installation... but who knows! I've been able to fix finally so don't waste time on this if I'm the only one to have seen this.

bye!

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi tourettes!,

Question for you. I got new bluetooth headphones for Christmas... :) Obviously I can't send 5.1 plain multichannel to them (tested, just no sound), and yesterday I was playing around with SpeakerConfig to see what could I do... I had it configured for my 5.1 speaker config... I expected that if I changed it to stereo, I would be able to get downmixed stereo on my earphones for 5.1 content, but if go back to my 5.1 speakers, I would get also stereo... but I actually had exactly what I wanted: stereo to my earphones if connected, and 5.1 to my speakers if not... Is it normal? I've checked registry, and this entry shows a "3", so stereo.

bye!

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a problem.

Sometimes after pausing a movie or when I skip forward/backward, the audio goes out of sync.

Is this a known issue with Mediaportal audio renderer?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sometimes after pausing a movie or when I skip forward/backward, the audio goes out of sync.
    I have seen that too - as well as no audio at all after using a skipstep or audio on/off/on/off/on/off. All that is fixed by doing a skipstep again.

Sadly due to "familiy useage of the HTPC" I don't have logs. But I will reproduce this today and post them here then.

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have seen that too - as well as no audio at all after using a skipstep or audio on/off/on/off/on/off. All that is fixed by doing a skipstep again.

Sadly due to "familiy useage of the HTPC" I don't have logs. But I will reproduce this today and post them here then.

No need for logs - I have seen that few times. Currently I & @davidf are refactoring some parts of the time keeping in MPAR. Lets see when we have a test binary available.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Sorry to disappoint you @tourettes, but the no audio is caused by a stray audio packet going through the sanitiser code - which inserts appropriate silence to fill the stream. We'll need to add that to the list of things to do - sanitise the sanitiser code ;). That was the problem the only time I looked, so there may be other causes.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Sorry to disappoint you @tourettes, but the no audio is caused by a stray audio packet going through the sanitiser code - which inserts appropriate silence to fill the stream. We'll need to add that to the list of things to do - sanitise the sanitiser code ;). That was the problem the only time I looked, so there may be other causes.

To be honest I haven't ever been satisfied with the sanitizer code :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No need for logs - I have seen that few times. Currently I & @davidf are refactoring some parts of the time keeping in MPAR. Lets see when we have a test binary available.

When is it ready? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom