Collection of Audio Renderer fixes for 1.3.0 beta (1 Viewer)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Master volume works here to . VISTA 32. MPAR selected and shown connected in graph.

View attachment 118202

If this is a bug (a good bug) in MPAR then the source of it may help in getting 'wave out' working in the future, although this is not paramount in your design premise.

Not a bug in MPAR, but most likely in drivers which aren't working as MS specification says they should be. The bad thing is that those drivers are now able to run the audio quality - if we were passing a real bitstream with WASAPI exclusive mode they would be causing the signal to be pure noise. WASAPI exclusive mode is defined to pass 1:1 audio stream from the application that uses. OS nor drivers aren't allowed (by design) altering it in any way.

Wave out cannot be used as device for WASAPI. WASAPI will communicate the drivers directly.

About volume control, it will be implemented at some point to the MPAR itself as that is the only way how it can be done on correctly working drivers.

from logs
    29-12-2012 12:08:30.858 [ e34] WASAPIExclusive: 1
    graphstudio isnt working for me at the moment but it should be connected. But i can see it being used. Need my logs aswell?

That stupid dll file again (did a reinstall recently) , but, appearently its not connected.

Okay, it was the dual audio switching setting. Its working now and i cannot control the volume anymore with my mediacenter remote.

So, back to defaultaudiodevice :)))

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    graphstudio isnt working for me at the moment but it should be connected. But i can see it being used. Need my logs aswell?

No logs are needed as in case the MPAR is connected the issue is outside MPAR when exclusive mode is in use and it is possible to control the volume. Do you have something in common? Same audio HW / drivers maybe?

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

No logs are needed as in case the MPAR is connected the issue is outside MPAR when exclusive mode is in use and it is possible to control the volume. Do you have something in common? Same audio HW / drivers maybe?
    No i was just wrong. It wasnt connected at all. My "allow dual audio" setting was in te way. Now it works as expected, but not the way i wantvit to work for my situation.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

No i was just wrong. It wasnt connected at all. My "allow dual audio" setting was in te way. Now it works as expected, but not the way i wantvit to work for my situation.

Good to hear that the WASAPI exclusive mode works as specified on your drivers.

Now if someone would give some extra free time I could implement the volume control support for MPAR. Biggest changes are required on C# / MP side as all the volume control stuff is implemented incorrectly (controlling master volume instead of the graph volume).

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi tourettes,

Yesterday I upgraded to 1.3.0BETA, and today I wanted to test last mp audio renderer available, so I've come to this post, but I'm a little bit confused now:

- I read in the OP that 1.3.0BETA includes it... but I've gone to MP folder and I only see my old mpaudiorenderer.ax... In fact, I've had to download MPAR from OP, and register it in order to see property page...
    - MP 1.3.0BETA dshowhelper.ax is compatible with mpaudiorenderer out of the box?

Could you please help me to understand the current situation? :)

Thanks a lot.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    How did you know if it is the old mpaudiorenderer.ax?
    I always backup my "Program Files" and "Programdata" MP folders before upgrading my MP installation (just in case :) )... and the .ax file was exactly the same (creation date and filesize to the bit) compared to my backup. Also I've compared it to the last available one in the OP, and it's not the same.

bye!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...and the .ax file was exactly the same (creation date and filesize to the bit) compared to my backup. Also I've compared it to the last available one in the OP, and it's not the same.

bye!
    So maybe the MPAR version you ran before upgrading wasn't the latest? You need to check the 'Details' tab (file properties) to check the version number.
    MPAR has been included in MediaPortal as of 1.3Alpha.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I was running MPAR1 before upgrading to 1.3.0BETA, that's why I could find that it was not upgraded... It's strange.

@Owlsroost, thanks. I was sure, but seeing that MPAR was not updated, I was afraid dshowhelper also had the same problem. But I've checked the file, and it has been correctly updated.

BTW, thanks @tourettes for your work. It's awesome to be able to decode AC3 + DTS in software and pass full untouched 5.1 PCM channels to my amp via WASAPI. :) Let's see if BASS Player also implements this finally... :p

bye!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom