Colossus and SchedulesDirect EPG (1 Viewer)

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
But you think it might be the TV rather than Windows. I have played with Windows zoom with no effect.

Thanks,
Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But you think it might be the TV rather than Windows.
    Yes, exactly. There is an easy way to tell: if the same problem occurs with Windows itself and every other Windows program then it is a TV problem. Otherwise it is likely a GPU (video card) configuration problem.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    mm, I wonder if you can help. I watched recorded tv this morning with no problems. Came back this afternoon and all is fine except suddenly no sound!
    The Mixer setting is all the way up, the codec seem to be correct (HDMI Audio). This computer is not used for anything else except MP. I just get no audio.

Debug file is attached, does it tell you anything about this issue? Many thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you get sound from playing videos or music?
    If not, check the volume/mute on your TV and/or AV receiver, and try pressing "m" (toggle mute) in MediaPortal.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    I get normal audio when playing a dvd through the same audio receiver. Where does that take us?

Thanks, Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1389653347][/DOUBLEPOST]I have re-booted the computer a couple of times with no effect on the audio.

Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    After fast forwarding for a minute or so the audio suddenly started?????

I do not understand but I am good for now. Thanks again, Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    mm Sorry to trouble you again.

Trying to upgrade to 1.60 final.
    1. Doesn't seem to like the win sp version of Media Player pointed to in the link during the install of 1.60 final on my win 7, 32 bit system. Says it is not a windows or DOS program.

2. Then it says: Failed to install TV Server 1.6

As a result I cannot start MP since the version of TV Server is not correct.

So I am in a vicious circle, can you help me to break out? Thanks, Dave[DOUBLEPOST=1392318941][/DOUBLEPOST]When I try to start MP it says TV plugin is ver 1.5.1 and will not start the program at that point. Is the TV plugin different from the tv server? Where do I get the latest version of the plugin?

Thanks again, Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    mm1352000, I wonder if you might be able to help with two MP questions. I am confident that they relate to something I don't fully understand:

1. I have had a situation where two programs were scheduled at the same time and one of them began recording. It turns out that the other program was the one I wanted. So, under RECORDED TV I removed the one that was recording, only to find that after a few seconds it simply started recording again. I could not find a way to stop it so that the competing program could be recorded. I wonder if you can tell me how this is done.

2. In the US, we have a "Public TV" and I record several of their programs. However, every six months or so they break from their schedule for fund raising efforts for about two weeks. Nevertheless, MP seems to keep recording my programs even though the are not being broadcast and I end up with much junk recorded. When one sets a program, say EVENING NEWS, to record every weekday at 6pm does MP only look at the time or the time and the program name when deciding it should record? It seems only to look at the time (and day). Is there a way around this so that only programs on at a certain time and of a certain name are recorded?

Many thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello David

Answers to questions like this are covered in the wiki.

1. I have had a situation...
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...2_Scheduled_List#Delete_a_scheduled_recording

You have to delete the schedule under "scheduled".

2. In the US, we have a "Public TV"...
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rd_TV/1_Scheduling_Recordings#Advanced_Record

I assume your EVENING NEWS has been set as "record every day at this time". As it says in the wiki, that kind of schedule intentionally only looks at the time and not at the program name. There is no way to set a schedule for time AND program name unless you use a plugin such as TVWishlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom