Colossus and SchedulesDirect EPG (1 Viewer)

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I also uninstalled Quicktime.

TV Server will now not even start up.

What do I need to do to remedy this situation as soon as possible?

When I start up MP it asks me for the ip address of the TV and won't let me past that screen????

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I start up MP it asks me for the ip address of the TV and won't let me past that screen????
    That's because the TV service is not running.

I don't know how MP managed to get messed up or how you are going to fix it. As mentioned in my previous post, the problem seems to be that the service is not able to connect to your MySQL database. You haven't provided log files so I'm not able to help further than that.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help as always. Attached is the log. Please let me know what I can do to restore everything AND keep all my settings if possible.

Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, Geof. It did repair a few items in the data base but it looks the same when I start MP It is looking for TV Service.

Here is a new log. Sorry to bother you with this. What next?

Dave

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    That's because the TV service is not running.

I don't know how MP managed to get messed up or how you are going to fix it. As mentioned in my previous post, the problem seems to be that the service is not able to connect to your MySQL database. You haven't provided log files so I'm not able to help further than that.

I have repaired the data base and it did fix a few errors. Still does not seem to start TV service.

I have not heard back from Geof yet but what will be my next step in the recovery? When I reinstalled I did NOT uninstall first as I was thinking that the reinstall would put back any missing pieces.

If I now uninstall and reinstall will I lose references to my recordings? What about the other settings for EPG, Remote etc?

What is your recommendation at this point? Log attached from after data base repair.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have repaired the data base and it did fix a few errors. Still does not seem to start TV service.
    The database has absolutely nothing to do with TV Server except that TV Server uses it to store information. In every other respect they are totally and utterly separate. Hence expecting that repairing the database will start the TV service is... not realistic.

Did you actually read the post Geoff linked? The way I read it, he wasn't telling you to repair the database - he was telling you to check if the database is running. That was exactly what I was trying to say as well. So it seems like you're off on a tangent...

I have not heard back from Geof yet but what will be my next step in the recovery?
    Follow the first instruction that was given to you: check if the MySQL database is running.

Also, just to set your expectations: depending on what you did when you reinstalled, you may not be able to recover your settings, channels etc. That is why I said reinstalling is massive overkill. It is like trying to hammer in a nail with a sledge-hammer.

When I reinstalled I did NOT uninstall first as I was thinking that the reinstall would put back any missing pieces.

If I now uninstall and reinstall will I lose references to my recordings? What about the other settings for EPG, Remote etc?

What is your recommendation at this point?
    Do not attempt to uninstall or reinstall!!!
    Uninstalling or reinstalling may cause you to lose everything - channels, recordings, settings, EPG. This is the last thing I'd recommend.

Log attached from after data base repair.
    These logs appear to be absolutely identical to the last 2 sets of logs that you posted. In other words, it looks like you don't really understand what you've been told.

What happens if you attempt to open TV Server configuration (and click "yes" to start the TV service)?

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    The database has started.

When I try to start the TV Server config I say yes and it does nothing.

Thanks, Dave

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Here you are. What does this tell you?

When I start MP it just asks for the ip ot name of the mater tv service.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom