Colossus and SchedulesDirect EPG (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here you are. What does this tell you?
    It tells me that the TV service is not installed:
    [2013-11-20 20:11:44,263] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - ServiceHelper: Check whether the tvservice is running failed. Please check your installation.
    Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Service TvService was not found on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateNames()
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_ServiceName()
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.GenerateStatus()
    at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.get_Status()
    at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.get_IsRunning()

I don't know what on earth you did, but at this point your TV Server seems completely borked. I'd now say you have no choice but to uninstall and reinstall. Do not do a "full product cleanup" as that will certainly clear any remaining settings, channels etc.

When I start MP it just asks for the ip ot name of the mater tv service.
    Yes, I know - you told me this previously and I told you that is because the TV service is not running.

So to be clear: please uninstall and reinstall.

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have never done a 'full product cleanup', how is this invoked?

Should I backup my database or anything else that might help me to retrieve what I have in the way of recordings?

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have never done a 'full product cleanup', how is this invoked?
    "Full product cleanup" is an option in the MediaPortal uninstall process... but to be 100% clear, I said DO NOT do a "full product cleanup".

Should I backup my database or anything else that might help me to retrieve what I have in the way of recordings?
    No. As long as you don't do a full product cleanup, recordings etc. should be intact after reinstalling.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    OK, Uninstalled using the first of the three uninstall options.

When re-installing, the TV server does not seem to be reinstalled. Is it possible to install that separately?

Where to next? Thanks, Dave

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    After I uninstalled using the first type of uninstallation and then reinstalled, the TV-Server did not show up as being installed (no icon nor program), I then uninstalled using the second level of uninstallation and reinstalled and all seems to be working will with my previously recorded video still available.

I have no idea what caused this incident, I was assuming that something else I had uninstalled previously took out something that MP needed???

Anyway, I am back up and running and hope I don't need to trouble you further except for this question.

Is it 'normal' to take 5-7 seconds on the tv-guide screen when pressing RECORD (to record a chosen program) for it to move to the record options screen (record, advanced record etc)? This seems like a long delay but I have no way of knowing if this to be expected.

Many thanks again, Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    mm, New problem. I installed the itunes program on my MP computer. Ever since then I have the problem that the MP screen and the TV picture are larger than they should be for the screen I have ie everything runs over the edges. I have reinstalled the Colossus Drivers and my video card drivers but no change. I have adjusted the screen resolution with no positive effect. I have the resolution set at 1920x1080 which is the recommended setting. I have uninstalled itunes but that did not change anything. Any ideas as to how I can get the picture properly sized on my screen again? Using mp 1.6 now. Log attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello David

Is it only the TV picture, or is it also MediaPortal itself?
    Sounds like somebody might have switched the zoom mode on your TV...

mm

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Media Portal too. How does one adjust 'zoom'?

Many thanks,
    Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom