Community Design (1 Viewer)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It is very exciting to follow as a new attractive theme arises.

I have long had the desire to show a music dialog when entry the music plugin. Something like this:
    Music Configuration Start Music In:
    [View Selection Dialog] / [Last Used View] / [Album Artists] / [Artists] / [Albums] / [Blah blah, all of the views defined in views section]
    See a example: MovingPictures

which could increase the WAF and fits the basic idea for your work: plainness

hold on your great work!
    bribbon

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I prefer the static cover stack actually, as you can't know 100% that the cropping will look good for all fanart. It gets out of the skinner's control in a way. Catavolt's take is a good one too.

Emph
    But with a stack of covers the user will IMO expect that the next movie will follow the actual one and so on - at least I would do so ...

What I don't like at catavolt's idea: there's no cover to be seen at all and wiz's point of not showing to much info at first sight would be counteracted. Also the music screen does not fit to the movie screen as you've got fanart AND cover art here.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I don't like at catavolt's idea: there's no cover to be seen at all and wiz's point of not showing to much info at first sight would be counteracted. Also the music screen does not fit to the movie screen as you've got fanart AND cover art here.
    Is already changed ;) New screenshots follow ;)

13-56-02.jpg 13-56-08.jpg

Music screens will be adapted ;)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks good but two notes on the second screen (info):
    1. Why not cover the whole fanart?
    2. There's no indicator which movie is selected. IMO the marker in the list should stay ...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks good but two notes on the second screen (info):
    1. Why not cover the whole fanart?
    2. There's no indicator which movie is selected. IMO the marker in the list should stay ...
    If your pressing left to get extra info about the movie you are looking at then you know what movie your looking at don't you ?

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If your pressing left to get extra info about the movie you are looking at then you know what movie your looking at don't you ?
    Yes, you're right of course. But nevertheless I think the list marker should stay. It just doesn't make sense to me, why the selected movie shouldn't be marked as such anymore, only because I want to see more info about it ...

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That´s not possible - you can either have focus on the list or focus on the info button - but here´s the solution for both of your questions:

View attachment 139165 View attachment 139166
    I thought you would come up with something like this ... ;)

I wonder how the movie info stays visible if you don't focus the list element then (don't know enough about the skinning engine I guess)? Wouldn't be the same mechanism, that let's the info pop up on the left when you focus the movie in the list, possible vice versa to (fake) mark a list element?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wonder how the movie info stays visible if you don't focus the list element then (don't know enough about the skinning engine I guess)? Wouldn't be the same mechanism, that let's the info pop up on the left when you focus the movie in the list, possible vice versa to (fake) mark a list element?
    Just believe me - it´s like I said ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom