Community Design (2 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does the arrow at the top right scroll some more buttons?

You're referring to FanArt, but you mean cover art, I think. But what about wide screen fan art. Personally, I like it a lot better than cover art.

What will be the performance impact of loading a bunch of cover art for each line of the list? May be all right because smaller than fan art.[DOUBLEPOST=1384637231][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I like the idea behind this but what happens at the end of the list?

I think Hawkeye is referring to missing arrows or scroll bars. Needed for mouse users.
    To clear things up at the moment the stack is only for show when no dvdart is present or its switched off, we cant load a coverart for each item in the list and display it like this yet as i dont think there is a control for it some of you are forgetting just how limited the skin engine is.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I think you could handle 2 covers or two sets of upper buttons, but it would be messy. Three or more would be extremely messy, and probably slow.
    exactly, the whole point of this design is to be as clean and fresh as possible along with being smooth to navigate which also means no overly complicated and messy code

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just changed the MovingPictures listview with respect to @emphatic ´s mod.
    To make more use of the available space, I moved the description a bit higher and made the list longer.
    This is no mod, screenshots are from working MovPics:

09-19-58.jpg 09-39-46.jpg

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Working Music screen:

10-47-37.jpg

The rotating disc will show CD-Art (if available) or a faked image gained from the cd cover.
    Rotating disc may be activated/deactivated via skin settings ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I like the idea behind this but what happens at the end of the list?

I think Hawkeye is referring to missing arrows or scroll bars. Needed for mouse users.

No, I meant the cover stack, as I expected it to be filled dynamically with covers of the following movies ... But I guess I was wrong and overrated the skin engine here.

As this is not possible, I like emph's idea of showing the cropped fanart instead more than a static cover stack.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I prefer the static cover stack actually, as you can't know 100% that the cropping will look good for all fanart. It gets out of the skinner's control in a way. Catavolt's take is a good one too.

Emph

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok here is my concept of a new home screen trying to strike a balance between fanart and usability with nice looks.

I like the look of that. Not a big fan of the horizontal text menu entries though in the 3rd image. One of the reasons I like Titan. Personal opinion of course :)[DOUBLEPOST=1384693435][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Here is what i am thinking along the lines of so far, the home screen shows the latest movies, tvseries and music along with info about them if you select them and the ability to play direct from there. The menu is available just by going right and ( provided it's possible ) will be available in all windows the same way like for example in the screenshot for moving pictures attached. It's clean and easy to follow/read.

Like that even more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom