Community Design (4 Viewers)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I like the looks of where Catavolt is going here, but . . .

I prefer the synopsis to update as the list is surfed, in a fashion like Emph's 2nd proposal. (I think that's what he was proposing.) To me, an image alone is not enough to decide to watch the film, and having to select "info" is too much trouble.

[I did notice the scroll bar!!] (y)

Lufo

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
New buttons look good, without the big circles in the middle ;)
Skin is starting to look very sleek! Liking it a lot.

I really like the mockup with the fanart in the info-section!, having a stack, or the next movie behind it, is for me confusing. I like to focus 100% on the movie I'm actually trying to get some info about :)

The Captain America button up in the right corner also stands out in the design imho, in a bad way, but that's just me being nitpicky!

Saw that you added thumbnails! :D
Any mock-screens on that one?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have no idea what frequencies the tv channels I got use, so it's impossible for me to use the tv part of MP right now. How about a scan feature that'll fetch all possible channels and then let me rename, sort and delete from that list of channels?
Skin setting, so every user can decide himself?!

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @wizard123 ,are you any nearer releasing this skin?:)
    To be honest i've put it on hold for a bit as it seemed no one could decide with each other and when designs were posted a lot of people just moaned that they want it different without actually contributing :( .
    I am fairly far along into the skin and have stayed with the minimal design as i like it and you can't please everyone ;).

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    To be honest i've put it on hold for a bit as it seemed no one could decide with each other and when designs were posted a lot of people just moaned that they want it different without actually contributing :( .
    I am fairly far along into the skin and have stayed with the minimal design as i like it and you can't please everyone ;).
    that's a real shame,the work you were doing was excellent,hopefully you will start working on this skin again.I for one will look forward to using the skin

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    that's a real shame,the work you were doing was excellent,hopefully you will start working on this skin again.I for one will look forward to using the skin
    Well it's certainly not dead just on hold for a bit so when it's a bit more mature i will get you on to test it if you like ;)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Well it's certainly not dead just on hold for a bit so when it's a bit more mature i will get you on to test it if you like ;)
    Be glad to test it (y)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Coming back to this old thread, could everyone post 5 design points they think should be in a gui going forward. Try to forget legacy homescreens or referring to xbmc skins etc and think of a skin design going forward something modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom