COMPRO VideoMate DVB-T750 PCI Tuner Card (1 Viewer)

SER

October 27, 2006
Home Country
I am looking at buying this card for my MediaPortal setup. I know it is not in the support TV card list (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Supported_TVCard_DVBt) I noticed similar models from Compro are actually supported.

Has anybody used the T750 card with MediaPortal? Was there any issues? It would appear to be a handy card to go with my existing Dvico Dual Digital tuner.

The other alternative is to get another Dvico card I guess, but it's about $100AUD more expensive.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Don't know about that card, but the t300 works great for me.
    I think the only difference between that card and the t300 is that the 300 can only tune either Analog or Digital while the one you like can tune both standards at once. I'd go the t300 if I was you. Don't know the price for the 750, but the 300 is one of the cheapest around and does everything the Dvico deluxe does, for almost half the price.

SER

October 27, 2006
    Home Country
    The T300 is about $115. The T750 is $129. I believe the T750 is a dual digital and analogue. So I can use 2 x Digital at the same time. Perhaps I have read it wrong.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm pretty sure the T750 is a single DTV tuner and a single ATV tuner.
    When they say "Dual Digital and Analog" I think they really mean "Dual <digital and analog> Tuner". Make very sure before you buy it.
    The reason to make such a big fuss over the D&A is that it has two separate tuners, rather than usual hybrids that combine a lot of circuitry to save expense.

If it turns out to actually be a dual tuner, post back here and let us know. I'll get one two for that price ;-)

If you use the TVengine3 (the new Beta one) then any card that is detected by windows should be compatible with it. If you use the existing TV Engine (v2) then the entry will need to be in the capture card definitions XML file. It's pretty easy to get the support added if it isn't already, thanks to all the hard work of Dman.

SER

October 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks Marcusb. I found this and I believe I have read it incorrectly.

"a dual DVB-T and analog TV/FM PCI tuner card" "Watch digital and analog TV at the same time"... http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/press/t750-092606.html

I'm sure I read somewhere else though that made it sound more like a dual digital + Analogue/FM. Not to worry.

It's good to know that the Compro will be ok as I am using the TV server.

steveo67

February 18, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well here goes with the first post.

T750 - been a bit of a dissapointment this card.

Widely sold and reviewed as a dual digital plus analogue TV/FM card with capture abilities. It's only a single digital and single analogue tuner - kind of makes you wonder if they really review these things or just read the box!

It will display 4 channels from the same multiplex at once but I still consider that misrepresentation of what most people will take 'dual digital' to mean.

However, that said it's worked under XP MCE, Media portal 0.2.2 and Compros own DTV software. However, you must get the latest drivers and software from Compro as the shipped drivers are feature ridden. Compro do update these very frequenctly so support appears to be good - it will be intereting to see if this keeps up when they launch a newer model.

To get it working under media portal you need to add this to the CaptureCardDefinition.xml file.

<capturecard commercialname="Compro VideoMate DVB-T750" capturename="VideoMate Dual A+DVB-T Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_c900185b&amp;rev_d1">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="VideoMate Dual A+DVB-T DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="VideoMate Dual A+DVB-T Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

10/10 for good stable hardware with excellent reception sensitivity
    8/10 for application software
    310 for deceptive marketing of what could have been a spectacularly good card if it did what it appears to say it does on the box!

GarethC

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    I've added the above section into my 'CaptureCardDefinition.xml' file, but MediaPortal is still unable to find the card when I try to add it through the configuration program. I've uninstalled everything that came with the card, and reinstalled the latest drivers from the comprousa.com website, without success. Has anybody got MediaPortal working with the Compro DVB-t750?

Many thanks!

ohm

March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    T750 works fine as a DVB-T card in both ver 0.2 and 0.3 (where it was automatically detected) but I haven't been able to get the analog to work. From what I've read this is a very common issue.

If you require analog, get a different card. If you only need digital and can't get it working in MP 0.2 then install tv server 0.3 (instructions in wiki). It works really well.

d1ck0

Portal Member
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey GarethC,
    try removing the space at the end of the first line - worked for me:
    c900185b&a mp;rev_d1"> - old
    c900185b&amp;rev_d1"> - new

Can now see the t750 card ok, but still having trouble detecting the channels on the scan. Have modified the Frequency list as directed for my area but still no good. Signal strength 100% but quality = 0%.

Anyone know if the T750 remote control can be used with MediaPortal?

Will keep playing arround and let you know if I get any other bitz going.

GarethC

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey GarethC,
    try removing the space at the end of the first line - worked for me:
    c900185b&a mp;rev_d1"> - old
    c900185b&amp;rev_d1"> - new

Can now see the t750 card ok, but still having trouble detecting the channels on the scan. Have modified the Frequency list as directed for my area but still no good. Signal strength 100% but quality = 0%.

Anyone know if the T750 remote control can be used with MediaPortal?

Will keep playing arround and let you know if I get any other bitz going.

Hey,

No luck removing that space, MediaPortal still refuses to acknowledge the card. I've tried the drivers that bundled with it, as well as the latest from comprousa.com. I've also got the latest MP SVN build installed, without change; neither the 'configure.exe' nor the wizard within MP find the card. The ComproDVT software works fine, however.

I've not yet played around with TVServer.. Microsoft SQL is being a pain. I don't see how this will change things though. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom