Computer games with unofficial release (1 Viewer)

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
August 4, 2010
I made an autoit file that would stay open until the cmd, box that my bat file (nothing.bat) pulled up, was closed. I had my bat file launch the autoit exe so the bat file would also stay open, thus making mediaportal stay suspended until I closed down the game, and then hit the x in the cmd file to close that, then MP would pop back up.

Could you share the text of the aotuit file that does that? i'm trying to use it for something similar but don't understand the syntax.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey didnt see you alls post till today so sorry for the late reply. I will share that autoIT file when I get home tonight, and yudicuba it is a lower case L not a lowercase I for the .lnk files. .lnk like "link"

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : Computer games with unofficial release

:oops:
    sorry for my stupidity and make you waste your time :oops:
    but anyway this dont change nothink to my problem the lnk dont work from mepo
    thanks a lot for your help and patient

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    *.lnk SHOULD work. (that's LNK, not ink)
    if this doesn't work for you, you might have to create batch files for each game to run.

just create the batch file, and in the file write: X:\path\filename.ext for your game and save.
    call the file instead of the shortcut.

also, nircmd (google it) has a function that can wait for processes and it's simple to use.
    it might be easier than the AHK, but I guess that depends on how dynamic Atreides made it.

good luck.

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, my way is not very pretty, but it works, if you can figure out a way with Dreadfury's comment then it might be a little cleaner. Here is my bat file called "nothing.txt" just rename it "nothing.bat" I also uploaded the nothing.exe as "nothing2.txt" just rename it "nothing.exe" and put them in the same folder, have the computer emulator launch the bat and it will stay open until you X it out. I use this to have "Keep MediaPortal on top" option enabled in the config. I just have suspend MP option clicked in the myemulator config. hope this helps you guys.

Attachments

• nothing.txt
      50 bytes
    • nothing2.txt
      741.8 KB

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Honestly, with the lack of support MyEmulators has had this past year, I had switched to an external frontend. (I've tried GameEx, MaximusArcade, and HyperSpin most recently)
    They do the job much better and can be migrated to other systems without MP, if need-be.
    Then I just have MultiShortcut call the frontend (I am currently using hyperspin) and all is well and still feels integrated.

I was using GameEx, but the forced donations to unlock the most wanted features is a huge turn-off.
    I have no problem making donations to software that deserves it, but FORCING you to 'donate' is called 'buying' as far as I am concerned...

HyperSpin is free, and while donating offers benefits, non-donators aren't hampered by locked out features or 30 second nag screens.

After upgrading to windows 7 and 1.1, I decided to give MyEmulators a try again, but I quickly remembered why I switched the first time.
    So I am trying HyperSpin this time and am amazed so far.

There are many more on the market, both free and retail, you might give those a try as well if MyEmulators just gets too frustrating.

either way, good luck, I am sure you'll find a working solution soon enough if you don't give up.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    Hyperspin looks decent.
    Does it take much effort to launch PC games from it?
    Does it have any internet scraping, like this version of myemulators, or do you need to manually create the thumbnails and backgrounds for each pc game?

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    you can either create your own videos and such for it or download them, pre-made.
    launching games from it is simple enough, both emulated and pc games.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    Yeah, my way is not very pretty, but it works, if you can figure out a way with Dreadfury's comment then it might be a little cleaner. Here is my bat file called "nothing.txt" just rename it "nothing.bat" I also uploaded the nothing.exe as "nothing2.txt" just rename it "nothing.exe" and put them in the same folder, have the computer emulator launch the bat and it will stay open until you X it out. I use this to have "Keep MediaPortal on top" option enabled in the config. I just have suspend MP option clicked in the myemulator config. hope this helps you guys.

Hey, Atreides, I've used your method and it works excellently with one problem.
    I actually created three new consoles: Driving, First Person Shooters, and Other Games, to categorize them nicely and avoid that problem where you go from the main menu to pc games, and then have to pointlessly click again.

The problem: when I close a game down, the dos prompt opened by your batch file stays open - I need to shut it down with the mouse to get mediaportal to load back up.

Any idea why this is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom