Computer games with unofficial release (1 Viewer)

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Honestly, with the lack of support MyEmulators has had this past year, I had switched to an external frontend. (I've tried GameEx, MaximusArcade, and HyperSpin most recently)
They do the job much better and can be migrated to other systems without MP, if need-be.
Then I just have MultiShortcut call the frontend (I am currently using hyperspin) and all is well and still feels integrated.

I was using GameEx, but the forced donations to unlock the most wanted features is a huge turn-off.
I have no problem making donations to software that deserves it, but FORCING you to 'donate' is called 'buying' as far as I am concerned...

HyperSpin is free, and while donating offers benefits, non-donators aren't hampered by locked out features or 30 second nag screens.

After upgrading to windows 7 and 1.1, I decided to give MyEmulators a try again, but I quickly remembered why I switched the first time.
So I am trying HyperSpin this time and am amazed so far.

There are many more on the market, both free and retail, you might give those a try as well if MyEmulators just gets too frustrating.

either way, good luck, I am sure you'll find a working solution soon enough if you don't give up.

you can either create your own videos and such for it or download them, pre-made.
launching games from it is simple enough, both emulated and pc games.

Thanks for pointing this out... I don't know why I didn't think of doing it earlier since I use Hulu etc. One deal breaker for HyperSpin is that it doesn't support GoodMerge collections (.7z) which makes me very sad. I was playing around with GameEx but really wish I could get a proper test run with all features before I pony up $25 for it.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah, my way is not very pretty, but it works, if you can figure out a way with Dreadfury's comment then it might be a little cleaner. Here is my bat file called "nothing.txt" just rename it "nothing.bat" I also uploaded the nothing.exe as "nothing2.txt" just rename it "nothing.exe" and put them in the same folder, have the computer emulator launch the bat and it will stay open until you X it out. I use this to have "Keep MediaPortal on top" option enabled in the config. I just have suspend MP option clicked in the myemulator config. hope this helps you guys.

Hey, Atreides, I've used your method and it works excellently with one problem.
I actually created three new consoles: Driving, First Person Shooters, and Other Games, to categorize them nicely and avoid that problem where you go from the main menu to pc games, and then have to pointlessly click again.

The problem: when I close a game down, the dos prompt opened by your batch file stays open - I need to shut it down with the mouse to get mediaportal to load back up.

Any idea why this is?

this is by design, it seems.

Thanks for pointing this out... I don't know why I didn't think of doing it earlier since I use Hulu etc. One deal breaker for HyperSpin is that it doesn't support GoodMerge collections (.7z) which makes me very sad. I was playing around with GameEx but really wish I could get a proper test run with all features before I pony up $25 for it.

I swore hyperspin did support goodmerge... damn.
this is going to be an issue for me too, i'll have to look into it.

The forced donations erked me too about gameex, I can't even test to see if I want to donate.
I have to donate before I even get to try....

that's called BUYING. lol

Sinbe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Yeah, my way is not very pretty, but it works, if you can figure out a way with Dreadfury's comment then it might be a little cleaner. Here is my bat file called "nothing.txt" just rename it "nothing.bat" I also uploaded the nothing.exe as "nothing2.txt" just rename it "nothing.exe" and put them in the same folder, have the computer emulator launch the bat and it will stay open until you X it out. I use this to have "Keep MediaPortal on top" option enabled in the config. I just have suspend MP option clicked in the myemulator config. hope this helps you guys.

Thank you, this works, but I added the following line to the .bat files launching my PC games:

taskkill /IM cmd.exe /F

This will kill the unnecessary cmd.exe after the game has been closed. The batch files are quite an effective way to launch games. On my system I use the following to switch my primary display (allows the game to start on my projector), launch the game, switch the primary display back when game is closed, kill the software that switched the display and kill the cmd that acts as the emulator:

start "switchdisplay" "C:\Program Files (x86)\MurGeeMon\MurGeeMon.exe" 1
"E:\Games\PES 2011\pes2011.exe"
start "switchdisplay" "C:\Program Files (x86)\MurGeeMon\MurGeeMon.exe" 1
taskkill /IM murgeemon.exe /F
taskkill /IM cmd.exe /F

Edit: This also works with ATI CCC profiles, but it needs additional delay (the ping command gives a 2000ms delay) before launching the game so I use the following:

start "switchdisplay" "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe" Start Load profilename="projector"
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000
"E:\Games\PES 2011\pes2011.exe"
start "switchdisplay" "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLI.exe" Start Load profilename="crt"
taskkill /IM cmd.exe /F

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom