Connecting HTPC with AV-reciever | Page 2

Discussion in 'General' started by aspik, April 4, 2015.

  1. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

    Kotik MP Donator

    Joined:
    March 19, 2009
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    337
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Athens
    Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    According to Intel your VGA does support DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD bitsreaming and according to Yamaha website your AVR supports the following formats:

    Dolby TrueHD
    Yes
    Dolby Digital Plus Yes
    DTS-HD Master Audio Yes

    So taking this into account go to LAV Audio configuration and check under "Bitstreaming (S/PDIF, HDMI)":
    Dolby Digital (AC-3) --> CHECK
    Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) --> CHECK
    Dolby TrueHD --> CHECK
    DTS --> CHECK
    DTS-HD --> CHECK

    After that is done go to MP Codecs configuration and there change your Audio Renderer to "Direct Sound (INTEL HDMI Audio)"

    P.S. Since i don't use intel vga i am not sure how intel calls their HDMI Audio Device.

    When that is done play a video file which u know has one of these codecs for audio.



    If everything is done properly ur AVR should report which codec ur file has.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement



    to hide all adverts.
  3. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

    Kotik MP Donator

    Joined:
    March 19, 2009
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    337
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Athens
    Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    If you dont like the results u can always switch back to ur initial setup by un-checking everything under bitstreaming options in LavAudio settings and then changing the audio renderer to MP Audio Renderer.
     
  4. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

    kiwijunglist Super Moderator

    Joined:
    June 10, 2008
    Messages:
    6,746
    Likes Received:
    1,420
    Occupation:
    Doctor
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    @aspik. In answer to your questions.

    My avr is pioneer lx-sc87. It's last year's model and is probably one of the top of the line pioneer home receivers. It supports video pass through.

    I bought the gefen because of the htpc issues i outlined above. In addition i bought it to solve the problem where you have to turn things on in a certain order. I tried all the other solutions to this problem including the hdmi cable pin mod but nothing was reliable. The gefen solved ask these problems and is 100% stable.

    I'm very happy with the purchase, although it is not a cheap solution it costs maybe 100usd (i forget exactly how much).
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

    kiwijunglist Super Moderator

    Joined:
    June 10, 2008
    Messages:
    6,746
    Likes Received:
    1,420
    Occupation:
    Doctor
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Ps. Some people report similar results using a hdmi splitter.
     
  6. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

    Kotik MP Donator

    Joined:
    March 19, 2009
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    337
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Athens
    Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Got a Denon AVR here and if i turn off the AVR while my HTPC is on then next time i turn on again the AVR i got like 80% chance of getting picture back properly or a 20% chance of either getting a black screen or a screen that is having corrupt colours.
     
  7. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

    kiwijunglist Super Moderator

    Joined:
    June 10, 2008
    Messages:
    6,746
    Likes Received:
    1,420
    Occupation:
    Doctor
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    99% gefen hdmi detective will fix that. There maybe other ways to fix too. You can sometimes see them on ebay since they ??don't?? do 4k res you might see more in ebay for cheap.
     
  8. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

    azzuro Test Group

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Messages:
    8,520
    Likes Received:
    2,566
    Occupation:
    technician HVAC
    Location:
    France - IDF
    Ratings:
    +4,251 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
  9. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

    kiwijunglist Super Moderator

    Joined:
    June 10, 2008
    Messages:
    6,746
    Likes Received:
    1,420
    Occupation:
    Doctor
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    Hmm up to 30hz slightly lame... might be ok because it supports 24, 25, 30hz.
     
  10. Kotik
    • Premium Supporter

    Kotik MP Donator

    Joined:
    March 19, 2009
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    337
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Athens
    Ratings:
    +555 / 2
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Show System Specs
    Did you guys see the price????? 299$
     
  11. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

    azzuro Test Group

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Messages:
    8,520
    Likes Received:
    2,566
    Occupation:
    technician HVAC
    Location:
    France - IDF
    Ratings:
    +4,251 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
Loading...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

    The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

    In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

             

  • Support MediaPortal!

    The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

    Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!