Connecting HTPC with AV-reciever (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    According to Intel your VGA does support DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD bitsreaming and according to Yamaha website your AVR supports the following formats:

Dolby TrueHD
    Yes
    Dolby Digital Plus Yes
    DTS-HD Master Audio Yes

So taking this into account go to LAV Audio configuration and check under "Bitstreaming (S/PDIF, HDMI)":
    Dolby Digital (AC-3) --> CHECK
    Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) --> CHECK
    Dolby TrueHD --> CHECK
    DTS --> CHECK
    DTS-HD --> CHECK

After that is done go to MP Codecs configuration and there change your Audio Renderer to "Direct Sound (INTEL HDMI Audio)"

P.S. Since i don't use intel vga i am not sure how intel calls their HDMI Audio Device.

When that is done play a video file which u know has one of these codecs for audio.

If everything is done properly ur AVR should report which codec ur file has.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    If you dont like the results u can always switch back to ur initial setup by un-checking everything under bitstreaming options in LavAudio settings and then changing the audio renderer to MP Audio Renderer.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @aspik. In answer to your questions.

My avr is pioneer lx-sc87. It's last year's model and is probably one of the top of the line pioneer home receivers. It supports video pass through.

I bought the gefen because of the htpc issues i outlined above. In addition i bought it to solve the problem where you have to turn things on in a certain order. I tried all the other solutions to this problem including the hdmi cable pin mod but nothing was reliable. The gefen solved ask these problems and is 100% stable.

I'm very happy with the purchase, although it is not a cheap solution it costs maybe 100usd (i forget exactly how much).

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Got a Denon AVR here and if i turn off the AVR while my HTPC is on then next time i turn on again the AVR i got like 80% chance of getting picture back properly or a 20% chance of either getting a black screen or a screen that is having corrupt colours.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    99% gefen hdmi detective will fix that. There maybe other ways to fix too. You can sometimes see them on ebay since they ??don't?? do 4k res you might see more in ebay for cheap.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Did you guys see the price????? 299$

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom