"Connection to tv-server lost" message is back again.. (1 Viewer)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @mhoogenbosch: I'm using a fixed IP adress allready as I'm using ampdroid by example, the htpc need to have always the same IP adress.. 192.168.1.100 in my case.. With the internet connection is never a problem, so I don't understand why the connection is loosing.. I will try the loopback adapter again to see what it does..
    yes but the definition of a fixed IP varries. Some people for instance think a dhcp reservartion is a fixed ip aswell. And in fact it is, but it's not fixed at the htpc.
    And you don't hear me saying it is you're htpc ip address fixation what will solve your problems. I personally think it has something to do with your anysee. Same goes for me, i sometimes try and use tv server but after a while it starts to bug, exact same symptoms. I use two tuners but the problems are the same. Argus no problems at all.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @mhoogenbosch: I'm using a fixed IP adress allready as I'm using ampdroid by example, the htpc need to have always the same IP adress.. 192.168.1.100 in my case.. With the internet connection is never a problem, so I don't understand why the connection is loosing.. I will try the loopback adapter again to see what it does..
    yes but the definition of a fixed IP varries. Some people for instance think a dhcp reservartion is a fixed ip aswell. And in fact it is, but it's not fixed at the htpc.
    And you don't hear me saying it is you're htpc ip address fixation what will solve your problems. I personally think it has something to do with your anysee. Same goes for me, i sometimes try and use tv server but after a while it starts to bug, exact same symptoms. I use two tuners but the problems are the same. Argus no problems at all.

I have configured the MS loopback adapter with with this manual: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/msloopback-device-for-singleseat-users.51028/

With a "fixed IP" I mean this:
    ip.jpg

Right? I hope this helps a bit.. When the problem is back again I will upload new logs..

If this doesn't help it's maybe the Anysee.. 4TR is working fine, but I like to use Mediaportal because of:

-Streaming functionallity with Ampdroid
    -Coloured EPG
    -Teletext
    -Better skin support
    -Easier setup
    -Better forum support
    -Easier logos setup

So that are a lot of reasons to keep this installation.. But on the other hand; stability is the most important thing, so if this message is keep comming I will switch back..

Thanks!

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I have configured the MS loopback adapter with with this manual: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/msloopback-device-for-singleseat-users.51028/

With a "fixed IP" I mean this:
    ip.jpg

Right? I hope this helps a bit.. When the problem is back again I will upload new logs..

If this doesn't help it's maybe the Anysee.. 4TR is working fine, but I like to use Mediaportal because of:

-Streaming functionallity with Ampdroid
    -Coloured EPG
    -Teletext
    -Better skin support
    -Easier setup
    -Better forum support
    -Easier logos setup

So that are a lot of reasons to keep this installation.. But on the other hand; stability is the most important thing, so if this message is keep comming I will switch back..

Thanks!
    thats what i mean by fixed, yes. I totally and completely agree with you on all the points. There is stuff in favour of Argus, like the flexibility in recordings. Most important think still is stability. I can only get that with argus. TV server just starts to crash. Excpecially when using two tuners instead of one.

We can't get support over here because of the MDAPI being used (which is the only way to get it to work) and the lack of support to MDAPI. I've read the reasons of why they don't support it and its understandable, but nevertheless, it's a pitty.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for helping @mhoogenbosch! I know that we are very bad guys by using MDAPI.. :)p) Personally I really don't see the point on this as I'm paying my tv provider every month, and doing nothing wrong.. But I think that this discussion has been done a lot of times in the past.. So you're right, if it is a MDAPI related issue, than I can't get support on this..

But I have good hope that it isn't MDAPI related because it only happend when I'm NOT watching live television, but only when I'm not watching live tevevision for a while.. When I'm watching, everything is fine; no errors at all.. Let's see how long it take before I get the message again with the ms loopback adapter installed.. :)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for helping @mhoogenbosch! I know that we are very bad guys by using MDAPI.. :)p) Personally I really don't see the point on this as I'm paying my tv provider every month, and doing nothing wrong.. But I think that this discussion has been done a lot of times in the past.. So you're right, if it is a MDAPI related issue, than I can't get support on this..

But I have good hope that it isn't MDAPI related because it only happend when I'm NOT watching live television, but only when I'm not watching live tevevision for a while.. When I'm watching, everything is fine; no errors at all.. Let's see how long it take before I get the message again with the ms loopback adapter installed.. :)
    Agreed, good luck "ik zal voor je duimen" :)

I don't think its a MDAPI error also but when a dev reads your logs and finds something MDAPI related everything stops. Have experienced that myself a few times over here. Goes for me too, I pay my monthly subscription and bought two smartcards and activated them at my provider. So both my tuners have their own smartcard. Completely legit in my opinion. Nevertheless, you could use it for illegal stuff and that's a risk for MePo. I understand their standpoint.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi powermarcel10

Never a good idea to use 192.168.1.xxx, this usually used by default for any internet connection to router, upping that to 2 should avoid any possible conflict.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi powermarcel10

Never a good idea to use 192.168.1.xxx, this usually used by default for any internet connection to router, upping that to 2 should avoid any possible conflict.
    For a non-routable network (eg. ms loopback) it is not a good idea to use any of the private subnets, you should use a APIPA address instead (169.254.x.x).

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't think its a MDAPI error also but when a dev reads your logs and finds something MDAPI related everything stops. Have experienced that myself a few times over here. Goes for me too, I pay my monthly subscription and bought two smartcards and activated them at my provider. So both my tuners have their own smartcard. Completely legit in my opinion. Nevertheless, you could use it for illegal stuff and that's a risk for MePo. I understand their standpoint.

Hm ... appart from the discusion about what IP range you use (personally - think it makes absolutey no difference what range you use withín your private network) - I have seen some issues with EPG grapping during idle TV causing issues in 1.3 beta - have seen this on my system meanwhile also - tvservice goes down. If I read your log correctly and your description you seem to face the same issue here - You can try to disabale epg grabbing and check if it' happening too ...

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi powermarcel10

Thanks for the suggestion.. I think that this only can provide problems if the other pc's/smartphones etc in the network have not a fixed IP adress as the router is giving the first free IP to that connection, and that's 192.168.1.100 (second one ending on .101, 102, 103, etc..) But all devices have a fixed IP, so that should not be a problem I think.. Right?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi powermarcel10

For a non-routable network (eg. ms loopback) it is not a good idea to use any of the private subnets, you should use a APIPA address instead (169.254.x.x).

Can you explain me what a "APIPA address" is? :) I have googled it, but It's not clear to me.. Can you give me an example of such an IP? I can always try to give the MS loopback adapter that IP.. :)

@pur_berger: Thanks.. I will try every suggestion one by one.. If the problem is gomming back using the suggestions I want to try first I can try to dissable EPG and see what happend.. When this is the problem it's better to use a xml grabber maybe..? Only thing is that this is a lot harder to configure In my opinion..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom