Continuity error... in tswriter.log (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mike1
    After further investigation with the dump from our TeamViewer session I've confirmed that either the DD driver or [more likely] the CAM firmware are buggy. As previously described: TV Server is receiving video stream packets containing 1 byte of payload (video data) that are marked as scrambled/encrypted even though the CAM has been instructed to descramble/decrypt the channel. That should never happen; all packets received by TV Server should previously be properly descrambled/decrypted by the CAM. Please report this bug to Digital Devices and the CAM firmware provider.

In the meantime you can workaround the bug by enabling the following option:
    TV Configuration - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

--: Disclaimer :--
    Normally I wouldn't recommend to enable the above option due to possible unwanted side effects (crashes, video and/or audio glitches etc.). In my short testing I confirmed that enabling the option appeared to be an effective workaround and didn't experience any side-effects. Your results may be different. If you choose to enable the option, it's at your own risk.

P.S. Investigating and finding a workaround for this problem was quite difficult and time-consuming for me. I'd appreciate it if you would consider a small donation to the team for my efforts. Donations go towards server maintenance costs etc. Please don't feel pressure to do this; it's just a suggestion. :)

mike1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This option works not so good with live tv...
    Nevertheless, thank you for trying to help - small donation done:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom