Corrupt EPG after addition of Freeview HD (2 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Go into SetupTV and select the 'General' pane. Then select the scan tab and you should see something like the screenshot linked below

Thanks. I had just turned the HTPC on and noticed that the names had been corrupted. I have corrected them. I then saw your message and you are correct, the linkage box was ticked. I have unchecked it. I have made sure that in the short time between correcting the names and unchecking the box, the names hadn't been re-corupted.

Is that it now? If so, thanks for all your efforts. I will leave as is for tonight.

Tom

Yes, don't change anything now, and please report back whether or not the channel names have been corrupted. It only took a day or so for this to happen before, so hopefully if they are still fine by Sunday, we will know everything is okay.

Stick with the TsWriter.ax you were using, unless DJBlu thinks there is a really good reason to try his. Really though, if you try his and the channel names are fine, we won't know which change (checkbox or TsWriter) is responsible.

Mark

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Yes, don't change anything now, and please report back whether or not the channel names have been corrupted.

Thanks. That's good because I can hopefully enjoy the holiday weekend. Happy Easter

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Everything still okay? If so, I think it will be fine from now on.

Unfortunately, my woes continue. On Good Friday my shiny new HTPC bit the dust - suspected motherboard failure - so it is being returned from whence it came. I am guessing, but could be a few weeks. But I wouldn't expect any more problems regarding the epg

Tom

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Everything still okay? If so, I think it will be fine from now on.

Unfortunately, my woes continue. On Good Friday my shiny new HTPC bit the dust - suspected motherboard failure - so it is being returned from whence it came. I am guessing, but could be a few weeks. But I wouldn't expect any more problems regarding the epg

Tom

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you didn't see any problems with the EPG while it was working.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom