CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (1 Viewer)

Wasted

June 11, 2011
Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Got the file, how do i send it to you or where?

Wasted

June 11, 2011

Sorted the problem.

Despite my router not being wireless or connected to the WiFi, turning off 'Block Anonymous Internet Requests' in the routers settings let the iPhone communicate with my HTPC. Unless it was a coincidence.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorted the problem.

Despite my router not being wireless or connected to the WiFi, turning off 'Block Anonymous Internet Requests' in the routers settings let the iPhone communicate with my HTPC. Unless it was a coincidence.

Strange, but glad it is now working!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi all,

As you may know from Twitter I am beta testing the next version of CouchPotato with gesture control at the moment.
    I want to take some minutes and describe how the gestures will work. Maybe you have some objections or suggestions that could still be implemented.

Gestures
    • 1 finger swipe up to navigate up
    • 1 finger swipe right to navigate right
    • 1 finger swipe down to navigate down
    • 1 finger swipe left to navigate left
    • 2 finger tap for ok
    • 2 finger tap for back (esc)
    • 2 finger turning to decrease or increase volume
    • 2 finger pinch to enter or exit fullscreen (maybe I will add ascpect ration changes here)
    • 2 finger tap for play/pause when in fullscreen mode
    • 2 finger double tap for stop when in fullscreen mode

Hiding/showing the toolbar has been changed from 1 finger swipe up/down to a 2 finger swipe up/down.

The only issue with this is that you need two fingers for okay/back, which makes one handed usage a bit annoying. I tried to use 1 finger double taps for this, but this interfers with normal button taps (sometimes you want to tap a button repeatedly, for example if you want to jump forward in a file for 30 seconds you would double tap the right arrow).

Using the app without looking at the iPhone/iPod is possible with this, so what do you think?

Thanks a lot for your support, reviews (totally flattered by those!) and input! It's really appreciated!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Shukuyen

I would propose 2 modes for this: One would be the button remote (as it is now) and the other would be a display showing "Now Playing" and reacting to the gestures. Then you could use a single tap for OK. Just bought the App this weekend, so not in full use yet but it looks promising.

As all say: Next up iPad and MediaBrowsing please ;)

kheldar

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    Bendigo Australia

Hi shukuyen,

Been using couch potato for a while now, I love the wake on LAN feature, however several of my clients aren't on all the time and now cp has forgotten about them. Is there anyway to make it remember my clients. I don't have regular tv's anymore and have 5 clients not counting the laptops who also have mp installed.

I've also managed to get pay tv working on my iPad and it's absolutely fabulous, being able to get mp to work on the iPad via an intuitive interface will be awesome, currently I'm using air video to view my media, which works well but is clunky. It also doesn't mark which files I viewed which is annoying

Looking forward to the new version

TheSainty

June 15, 2011
    AW: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Hello

Ive bought the App today and installed it on my Iphone 3GS with IOS 4.1

When I startet the App the the App pops up an then close it to tray.

If i watch it on the background the App are in the List but doesnt work.

Any Hints for me to bring it to working ?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi shukuyen,

Been using couch potato for a while now, I love the wake on LAN feature, however several of my clients aren't on all the time and now cp has forgotten about them. Is there anyway to make it remember my clients. I don't have regular tv's anymore and have 5 clients not counting the laptops who also have mp installed.

You can add all your clients to the favorites list: When a client is detected and appears in the server list tap the star icon next to its name. It will now be permanently available in a favorite list. Tap a server when it is offline and a wake on lan signal will be sent.

TheSainty said:
    Ive bought the App today and installed it on my Iphone 3GS with IOS 4.1

When I startet the App the the App pops up an then close it to tray.
    I just tested again with an iOS 4.1 simulator (my earliest iOS version on a device is 4.2) and couldn't reproduce the error. Could you please try to delete the app, reboot your device and reinstall it? If the problem persists please contact me via email at support at couchpotatoapp.net. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom