CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (3 Viewers)

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Great to see the discussion developing on the topic. I agree with you Shukuyen, in my case the iPhone remote would be more for "personal" use whereas I'd still use my Harmony when friends are around. Not to mention that introducing a new remote would disrupt the WAF a little too much to my liking :)

Can't wait to see the gesture control!

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Shukuyen,

what's the ETA on the Ipad version?

Cheers

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi snoekieboe,

That will take some time. The next update is not iPad related, after this I will begin with the iPad version. As this is no small task I would guess maybe in fall or winter.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

matze276

January 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Shukuyen,

Thanks for your work. I'm using your app for a few days now and its great.
    When do you think you'll start working on the media browsing feature?

That's one thing i missed right now. It would be great to browse through your music library and listen to music without using the TV.

Thanks.
    matze276

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

When do you think you'll start working on the media browsing feature?

Hi Matze,

great that you like the app!
    I am rewriting it at the moment to allow manual adding of servers (for those poor fellows out there with broken Bonjour) and doing final tests for gesture control.

The next big steps will be:

1. Allow more buttons (context sensitive? user definable?)
    2. iPad Layout
    3. Media Browsing

I will have to talk to the developers of the webservices plugin again, how far along the project is. If they deem it stable enough I will start with the media library soon. In parallel I will start the iPad layout. My current plan is to implement that step by step, but I don't know if that will work out as I imagine.

How much time all that will take I can't say yet, sorry. The next update with manual server adding, gestures and one small bonus feature should be ready soon (+ 1-2 weeks to get it approved). Gesture only need some small improvements, manual server adding is still buggy and incomplete, but I am making good progress.

stefan2009

Portal Member
    June 4, 2009

hi there,

amazing app really,

but: the mediabrowser is a key feature, if you go to music, that it will show the coverart + tracks, if you click on the album, the tracklist appears, and if you click a track, then it will play on your mediacenter, if you want you can browse to other tracks on your ipad /iphone,

same as for moving pictures and my tv series,

select a movie, view details, tap to play, movie starts playing on mediacenter, and ipad /iphone displays progress balk and movie info, and you can view the moviedatase on ipad, and movie keeps playing

this is already on android remote for xmbc and mediaportal , so i hope you can make this for ipad,

if you need help for a great ipad layout , im a graphic designer for profession, count me in,

p.s maybe you can give the ipad layout a real home theater feel ? like the streamed mp skin ?

or multiple skinfiles ? that we can create ?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi stefan2009,

thanks a lot for your input.

To be honest I have no clue how to implement a skinnable user interface for iOS apps ... and even if I had I don't know if I want to do it that way or try to build one interface that is really good for the purpose and that can be refined over time ...

Medialibrary browsing is, next to the iPad layout, the most important feature for me and it will be implemented. I already have some ideas for an iPad layout but of course all input is welcome :) I thought about modeling the remote part more after real life objects on the iPad, so the remote would be a "real" remote that controls a TV (the display) where you can see the active item with fanart and so on. I don't want the iPad layout to be an upscaled copy of the iPhone version, so I need to think about this some more.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Wasted

June 11, 2011

Greetings.

Looks like a marvellous App. Unfortunately i can't get it to connect to my HTPC.

iPhone can see my ad hoc network and connects to it.
    Couchpotato can see the server.
    When i click connect it says connecting and never connects.

My firewall has been configured to allow all communication to and from Media portal.

I have a USB wireless transmitter specifically for this App, it does nothing else.

My other connections are handled by a wired router.

I hope we can sort this out. If you need more information just ask.

Thanks in advance. :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Wasted,

can you please set your MediaPortal to debug loggin, start it, try to connect and then send me the Mediaportal.log file?

Bonjour seems to work as the server appears in Couchpotato so there is a working connection. When you try to connect a socket is opened to the port configured in the WifiRemote plugin on your MediaPortal. We have to find out if that socket connection is made or if it is blocked somewhere.

Thanks,
    Shukuyen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom