CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (2 Viewers)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Having a seperate gesture screen seems to be what most of you want. I will have to see how this is best implemented. Maybe I will release version 1.1 with gestures as I described them in my post but will do it "right" later on, to not delay the update any further.

Thanks, that would be a good way forward. Just as MP is the most configurable Media Center SW, how about options to turn these remote control "cards" on and off and sort them? So if I prefer the gesture control, I could move it to be the first and then have a top toolbar (maybe on all "cards"?) that allows me to swipe forward & backward?

Music isn't supported for nowPlaying in the WifiRemote plugin yet. Will see what I can do there, it shouldn't be too hard to get it in. See Issue 6 - wifiremote - Now Playing info for default components - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting for updates

Would be great, as my primary use case would be remote controlling my MP with the TV off for music.

:D

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Swipe to navigate would be very nice, so you don't have to look on your device.. I have also used XBMC with xbmc commander, en that app does that.. Realy awesome.. So I hope you can inplentate that..

Also it would be very nice that the library of Mediaportal syncs with the iphone, so you can select a title on your idevice and play that in Mediaportal..

But for now - the plugin works like a charm, so thanks for that..

Looking forward to a new version!

Regards..

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal

:eek: Any progress with a new version ?

Looking forward to see and chose music and movies like in XBMC Commander

Thaks for your hard work:D

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

:eek: Any progress with a new version ?

Looking forward to see and chose music and movies like in XBMC Commander

Thaks for your hard work:D

+1 :cool:

Hi Shukuyen,

I've purchased the CouchPotato App for my iPhone and I'm really like the concept of this remote application.
    However, in it's current form it's not that usefull and it's layout is rather spartanic if I compare it with aMPdroid.
    Since both apps are using the same API of WifiRemote, I assume that it would be possible to have features like browse/search music/movies with CouchPotato in the future as well :) , and of course the iPad version

Is this already in your roadmap?
    Anyway, thanks for your hard work on these MP extensions :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there,

I will submit version 1.1 to Apple on monday. Hopefully I get everything done by then :D
    After this development on mediabrowsing and the iPad layout will start.

Hi Shukuyen,

I've purchased the CouchPotato App for my iPhone and I'm really like the concept of this remote application.
    However, in it's current form it's not that usefull and it's layout is rather spartanic if I compare it with aMPdroid.
    Since both apps are using the same API of WifiRemote, I assume that it would be possible to have features like browse/search music/movies with CouchPotato in the future as well :) , and of course the iPad version

I don't think the app isn't that useful ;) But you are right, there is room for improvement.
    You can see the roadmap in the first post of this thread - after the next update I will begin with development of those two most requested features: an iPad layout and media library browsing.

CouchPotato and aMPdroid both use WifiRemote for remote controlling MediaPortal. Media browsing is done through a different service in aMPdroid: GMA Webservice. I already talked with DieBagger about this and will soon begin to research how to integrate it. Please don't ask when it will be released, I don't know yet :)

Ok, back to coding. Thanks for all the interest and your support!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi there,

I will submit version 1.1 to Apple on monday. Hopefully I get everything done by then :D

Hi Shukuyen,

I don't think the app isn't that useful ;) But you are right, there is room for improvement.
    You can see the roadmap in the first post of this thread - after the next update I will begin with development of those two most requested features: an iPad layout and media library browsing.

CouchPotato and aMPdroid both use WifiRemote for remote controlling MediaPortal. Media browsing is done through a different service in aMPdroid: GMA Webservice. I already talked with DieBagger about this and will soon begin to research how to integrate it. Please don't ask when it will be released, I don't know yet :)

Well, thanks for your reply:) Nice to hear that there is some progress!

Is in the new version the potion for slide direction availible?

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes, I changed some things yesterday to have a dedicated "gesture view", so now you are able to use a one-finger-tap for ok and a double tap for back. That's a lot better. There is still room for improvement, especially navigating isn't as good as I would like: One swipe in a direction equals one left/right/up/down button press. In the future I want to find something better here so that you can scroll more than one item. This won't be in 1.1 because there isn't enough time for it.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, I changed some things yesterday to have a dedicated "gesture view", so now you are able to use a one-finger-tap for ok and a double tap for back. That's a lot better. There is still room for improvement, especially navigating isn't as good as I would like: One swipe in a direction equals one left/right/up/down button press. In the future I want to find something better here so that you can scroll more than one item. This won't be in 1.1 because there isn't enough time for it.

Ow WOW men! Thanks for that.. because, that is for me the most importent function for this app.. Sroll one time in a direction is for now is more than enough.. With this function you have not to look on the screen when you are scrolling, and can focus on the tv..

Another request: Can you inplantate an option to change the plugin names on the screen of your idevice? Or is that an option in the wifi-remote plugin..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom