CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (3 Viewers)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal

Well, thanks for your reply:) Nice to hear that there is some progress!

Is in the new version the potion for slide direction availible?

Yes, I changed some things yesterday to have a dedicated "gesture view", so now you are able to use a one-finger-tap for ok and a double tap for back. That's a lot better. There is still room for improvement, especially navigating isn't as good as I would like: One swipe in a direction equals one left/right/up/down button press. In the future I want to find something better here so that you can scroll more than one item. This won't be in 1.1 because there isn't enough time for it.

Great! For the mutiple Up/Down Scrolling, I would try to implement a physics based scrolling (just like other iPhone lists), so holding & moving down a bit scrolls down 1 element, scrolling down further next element, swiping down will start a scroll with the speed as scrolled and slow down by friction.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes that would be perfect. I will try to improve the gestures in future updates, to get 1.1 out soon that won't be in there yet.
    I have some issues left with strange connection behavior and a few small things, but I should be able to meet the development deadline this evening.

Pulzer

July 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Thank you so much for this App! Used to use iPimp before but the controls of CouchPotato is just brilliant and all controls on one screen!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Another request: Can you inplantate an option to change the plugin names on the screen of your idevice? Or is that an option in the wifi-remote plugin..

Oh sorry, I overlooked that question. It is planned that plugins can be renamed, sorted and hidden. This can be done in WifiRemote and doesn't require changes in CouchPotato.

You can follow or comment on development of those issues here:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

any idea when next version is avalilible in the appstore? I thought you have sent an update to apple a week ago..

Also a question: When i play music or video in mediaportal, and touch to the info button on my iphone, I get a image with a cat and some text.. Why does it not show info about the playing media? Like It should be as in the 6th picture in the topicstart?

Best Regards!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey powermarcel10,

I finished most of the new version last sunday, but one nasty bug sticked and I didn't find the time this week to get rid of it .. sorry about this :-/ Will hopefully upload the next version soon + 1 or 2 weeks it takes Apple to approve the update.

Information about now playing music will be available in the next version (and with WifiRemote 0.3). The info button shouldn't even appear right now, that's a bug. In the current version now playing info is working for MyVideos, Moving Pictures and TV Series. The cat you mention (her name is Numi ;)) should only appear if there is no picture available, in CouchPotato 1.1 with WifiRemote 0.3 this is the case if there is no album art for the song you are playing in MediaPortal.

Bye,
    Shukuyen

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hey powermarcel10,

I finished most of the new version last sunday, but one nasty bug sticked and I didn't find the time this week to get rid of it .. sorry about this :-/ Will hopefully upload the next version soon + 1 or 2 weeks it takes Apple to approve the update.

Information about now playing music will be available in the next version (and with WifiRemote 0.3). The info button shouldn't even appear right now, that's a bug. In the current version now playing info is working for MyVideos, Moving Pictures and TV Series. The cat you mention (her name is Numi ;)) should only appear if there is no picture available, in CouchPotato 1.1 with WifiRemote 0.3 this is the case if there is no album art for the song you are playing in MediaPortal.

Bye,
    Shukuyen

Hi Shukuyen,

Thanks for your responce..

About the info button.. I like Numi, but there is something strange with her.. Now playing information is for me only showing with My TV-Series.. Not with Moving pictures.. Do you have any idea what's the problem could be? I'm using MP 1.2.0 beta, with the latest moving pictures, and the latest StreamedMP skin..

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

About the info button.. I like Numi, but there is something strange with her.. Now playing information is for me only showing with My TV-Series.. Not with Moving pictures.. Do you have any idea what's the problem could be? I'm using MP 1.2.0 beta, with the latest moving pictures, and the latest StreamedMP skin..

I didn't notice anything strange with moving pictures. If you send me an e-mail address via PM I can make a WifiRemote.dll with extended logging. Maybe we can find out this way what's going wrong here.

noemfie

Portal Member
    May 1, 2011
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Hi,

App looks really cool , just a quick question, I will be getting an ipad2 soon , but would like to know if the ipad version version you are planning will be a separate app , or can I buy the iphone4 version so long and it will also work on my Ipad once you implement the Ipad features ?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi noemfie,

It will be the same (universal) app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom