CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (4 Viewers)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Shukuyen
    If you just started with media browsing you should think about implementing the ui first and abstract the data connection.
    And since the whole idea of the new gma implementation is to be more generic (and not bound to a specific database backend) you should also consider making MP specific options hideable(only in regard to media browsing).
    This would make the application less bound to MP(1) (e.g. with a MP2 data source in mind)
    Nobody "should" do anything. People can implement whatever they want; we can at best advise them.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean by "MP specific options"?
    I mean options like this one you've mentioned before: "implement options like "play on mediaportal""

Nobody "should" do anything. People can implement whatever they want; we can at best advise them.
    Why so aggressive? I said he should consider, not should do...

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Peace, you two :) I am totally grateful for any advice you can give me (if I take that into account is a different question :D). In the end we all want to make the best out of MediaPortal and if we can learn from each other in the progress this is fantastic!

So thanks for your webservice and the nice hints and answers, keep on doing that! I am checking out GMA and mpextended source code at the moment and will try building those soon.

Duglas Nelso

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply Robo 100,

I've tried that and it didn't work. Couchpotato support gave me detailed instructions on how to do it but unfortunately it didn't work.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the reply Robo 100,

I've tried that and it didn't work.

Wait, are you sure you disabled Bonjour for this server?
    Go to the server list, press edit on the top right, then your MediaPortal (it has to be in the favorites list).

Now you see information of the host, like hostname and port. Below that is as switch called "Activate Bonjour", try to turn that off (apologies if you already did that, but as far as I remember that option didn't exist back when you mailed support).

Does this change anything?

Duglas Nelso

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Shukuyen,
    That's exactly what I have done and there's no need for an apology. I appreciate all the help I can get!!! But unfortunately as per usual the phone will connect as soon as I launch mediaportal and work flawlessly but the minute I put the phone down and it goes to sleep I can not (for the life of me) get it to reconnect without exiting mediaportal and restarting it, in which case it works fine again.

After doing this a couple of times it kind of takes the shine of such a great app. I have also prevented the device going into sleep mode but after a couple of movies it quickly chews out the battery.

Surely I can't be the only person that has come across this problem? I understand that it could be a problem with my network or something that I'm not doing right but has anyone got any other idea's, router settings, Wifiremote config etc.

Thanks again for the response
    :D

Desperate Doug!!

Pulzer

July 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    First I'd like to thank you for the great app, use it everyday.

One thing that's been bugging me since 1.1 release and now in 1.2 is that at times Couchpotato asks me for my passcode.
    I have one set in wifi remote with 0 for timeout of login (should be disabled then).
    Problem is, after entering the passcode it asks for the passcode again, and sometimes a third time before crashing to iPhone "desktop".
    Always after 2nd or 3rd passcode entered. 100% sure i enter the right passcode each time. Been sending crash reports if that helps.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First I'd like to thank you for the great app, use it everyday.

One thing that's been bugging me since 1.1 release and now in 1.2 is that at times Couchpotato asks me for my passcode.
    I have one set in wifi remote with 0 for timeout of login (should be disabled then).
    Problem is, after entering the passcode it asks for the passcode again, and sometimes a third time before crashing to iPhone "desktop".
    Always after 2nd or 3rd passcode entered. 100% sure i enter the right passcode each time. Been sending crash reports if that helps.

Hi Pulzer,

thanks, I may finally know what those alert crash logs were about!
    The password dialog will only reappear, when your WifiRemote plugin tells CouchPotato that the data entered was wrong. It shouldn't crash after 3 attempts though, will have to investigate that.

Can you download the demo client (see first post of this thread) and try if you can log in to your MediaPortal with this? If not, open the demo client message window, maybe that helps!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Shukuyen,

I read in another thread that you are working on getting the GMA in place, so that you can access media and start playing / stream / download to the device. I have an interface idea for that, which would be very cool (I think so) for this:

If you have a playable media item open (not in a list, single item view only), you should be able to do the following gestures:
    1. flick upwards (short drag up & release) to show it on the connected media portal system (either play directly or add to playlist, that might be configurable per media item? aka songs -> Add to playlist, videos play directly?)
    2. flick downwards (short drag down & release) to stream or download (again maybe config option?) the media to your device.

I would really love to just "throw" an item at my TV and have it play it.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would really love to just "throw" an item at my TV and have it play it.

I had planned to do it with good old buttons, but the idea of "throwing" media on your tv is great … I will see if I can add this somehow, at least as an alternative way to do things.

"Progress" report:
    I began rewriting how connection to the WifiRemote plugin are done to decouple that better from the remote view. When MediaBrowsing is implemented I want to be able to access the socket from anywhere in CouchPotato and also to display status information anywhere without hacks (like it is done at the moment with "now playing").

This is a little scary but I have vacation next week so there may be some time left :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom