CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (1 Viewer)

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.1 (2011-07-19)

Hey Robbo100,

I will submit the update as soon as the Spanish translation is done :)

Done ;)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.1 (2011-07-19)

Update is available from the App Store now!

I am away from my system at the moment, but I will test it as soon as I can.

Thanks

Robbo100

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Update is available from the App Store now!

It is, indeed!

Please update your WifiRemote plugin to version 0.4, you can now sort, hide and rename your plugins in setup!

New in CouchPotato 1.2:
    • Status display on now playing view
    • Now playing view updates according to MediaPortal
    • Swipe with two fingers left and right to change channels
    • Pinch when player not in fullscreen mode to go to home

Changed in CouchPotato 1.2:
    • Optimized gestures: tap -> ok, double tap -> back, two finger tap -> play/pause, two finger double tap -> stop
    • You can now tap the progress bar anywhere to change player position
    • (Hopefully) optimized gesture recognition

Fixed in CouchPotato 1.2:
    • Hide/show toolbar with two-finger-swipe up/down now also working on remote view
    • Ok and back gestures didn't work in fullscreen player mode
    • Taps on gesture area sometimes triggered remote buttons
    • Fixed some small bugs

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmmm, this sounds like a major upgrade again.. Well done! :d

I can't test it only, because my iphone is to the store, because the display was damaged :(

Hopefully I can test this soon! :)

Thanks a lot..

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmmm, this sounds like a major upgrade again.. Well done! :d

I can't test it only, because my iphone is to the store, because the display was damaged :(

Hopefully I can test this soon! :)

Thanks a lot..

Yeah I think it's the week of failing hardware ... my homeserver died on me and also had to reset the iPhone (that was my on fault, though :D). Hope you get a new device soon!

One quick note regarding reviews (looking at you, Patrick W. ;)):
    If you have problems with the app pleeeeease contact me through email (support at couchpotatoapp.net), twitter (@MePoCouchPotato) or here before leaving one star reviews! I can't respond to those and therefore can't help you this way!

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Shukuyen, this looks amazing and once again puts MePo at the top of the homebrew and pro market - well done!! I will be using this with an iPad, but have an iTouch I could use it now - will the iPad version be a seperate purchase through the app store or just an upgrade?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Shukuyen, this looks amazing and once again puts MePo at the top of the homebrew and pro market - well done!! I will be using this with an iPad, but have an iTouch I could use it now - will the iPad version be a seperate purchase through the app store or just an upgrade?

Hi mkjustuk,

I will convert the app to universal once the iPad layout is done, so this will be a normal update, no extra app.
    Please note that there is still lots of work to do before the iPad layout is done. It will take a while until the update is ready but rest assured that this is one of the two really big points on my roadmap and it will eventually be done.

Thanks,
    Shukuyen.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Hi Shukuyen

I thought I would give you my thoughts on 1.2 of couchpotato with reference to my earlier feedback on 1.1:

1) I love the gestures!!!! It works really well (mostly) and is intuitive. However, I find the two finger menu hide option very difficult to operate and they Couch Potato seems to easily confuse it with the volume change function, or a single finger swipe (I can hardly ever get it to work).

The new gestures are really brilliant. I know they are more complicated, but it means that it now works with all scenarios. The way the up/down/left/right gestures continue to work on the button screen is a really nice feature and allow the remote to be used with far less looking down at the buttons!

2) The media progress bar is also really nice. It would be great if this progress bar continues to display when viewing the media information page.

It is much easier now! Thanks

3) It would also be great if the gestures continued to work whilst showing the media information page (or in the top section at least where touching the screen has no function).

This isn't working yet, but I know you said this was more difficult to do, so I assume this is on your "to do list" :D

4) For some reason, the "home" button has stopped working and seems to trigger the "back" command instead (note: I think this is a problem with Wifiremote not Couch Potato since the problem was evident before I updated my iPhone but after I updated Wifiremote).

When pressing the home button whilst watching TV, this seems to take the screen back to the TV Main Menu rather than Home, but it goes to Home from other scenarios. I have not fully tested this yet, and although far better than before, it still doesn't seem to go to the Home screen in all cases.

5) When watching live TV, the gesture "back/stop" command does not seem to work. If you double tap then MP brings up the "do you really want to stop live TV?" message. You can then swipe left or right to select yes or no, but if you then do a single tap to select your option you then send a "pause" command. Therefore it seems impossible to stop live TV using gestures.

Working perfectly now!

6) The same problem as discussed in item 5 is also a problem with menus. If you do a long tap gesture, the menu item is shown. Again, you can navigate using up and down swipes, but you can not select an option using a single tap (as it sends the "pause command". This is the case for menus for videos and live TV.

No longer a problem

7) Changing the media playback position using the media progress bar is an excellent feature, but picking up the moving slider can be a little tricky owing to the slider being quite small. Could it be coded that tapping and holding anywhere on the slider picks up the moving slider rather than having to tap at the precise position of the current play progress point (does that make sense)?

Much much easier to move and drop now!

8) Media information does not seem to work with live TV. Is this a bug, or just something not yet coded?

On your "to do list" too :D

9) If I have the media information page selected in Couch Potato and I use the normal remote control (i.e. not Couch Potato) to change the playing media (i.e. next music track), then the media information does not refresh and update (if item 3 is carried out, then this will need to happen).

Also now working really nicely! I love the way you can tap on the album art and that if you have a playlist playing, the album art updates on the iPhone screen, this is a really nice touch! If there is one area for improvement, it would be for the shape of the album art to be detected as currently the artwork is stretched or cropped to fit within DVD cover shape/size. This distorts the music cover art and does not give a perfect look.

10) If you are on the gesture screen and use the two fingers down-swipe to minimise the bottom menu and then you shake the iPhone to return to the remote buttons screen, it is impossible to get the bottom menu back again. On the last version you could do a single finger up-swipe (whilst on the button screen), but now neither the single or double finger up-swipe work whilst on the button screen. You have to shake the iPhone again and do a two finger up-swipe to get the menu back. That said, the gestures screen is so good it almost renders the button screen as obsolete, but if you are keeping the button screen (which you probably should) then this menu must be more easily accessible.

Also now working!

Overall, this is a very very good update and makes the remote completely usable as a day to day remote! Good work. :D

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with the iPad update and would continue working on the iPhone updates only - but then I can't afford an iPad :p

himochi

Portal Member
    February 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    hey man a quick question / request (if its not added)

is there any way to control the mouse as in many other iphone apps (hipporemote, airmouse) ? thing is, i usually use firefox when i need to browse on my htpc, currently im using a dinovo mini keyboard + integraged mouse so its not a problem. but i want to fully switch to using couch potato from now on, and without this feature it will be pretty hard or impossible.

or maybe some better way to interface with the webbrowser plugin of MP. it uses numbers to select the hyperlinks so maybe a special screen with some more accessible numbers?

let me know.

pd: any other alternate ideas to browse are also accepted if anyone can think of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom