CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Well, I don't know exactly what I have done, but it works now.. So, thanks!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

CouchPotato 1.0.1 has been approved and is now available for download!

Changelog:
    Fixed: crash when adding/removing favorites
    Fixed: possible crash on server detection
    Fixed: keyboard blank space not working
    Fixed: connection problems with active bluetooth
    Fixed: Keyboard not disappearing when returning from background
    Fixed: Deployment target changed to iOS4.0
    Changed: intro screen to match website logo

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Look forward to the iPad version, keep up the good work.

snoekieboe

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

This app is probably one of the best things that has happened in 2011 so far!!!!!!!!!

Even my wife ( one of the most critical persons in the world when it comes to technique ) started using it right away.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

P.s. my Ipad is waiting for a release that fits its needs!!!

kheldar

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    Bendigo Australia

This is working well on my tvserver but on one of my clients couchpotato connects and tells me what screen i'm on but I can't move up/down/left/right or select but I can select a plugin and it'll swap to that plugin. Couchpotato tells me that its connected and on what screen I'm on.
    any idea on where i should be looking?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This is working well on my tvserver but on one of my clients couchpotato connects and tells me what screen i'm on but I can't move up/down/left/right or select but I can select a plugin and it'll swap to that plugin. Couchpotato tells me that its connected and on what screen I'm on.
    any idea on where i should be looking?

There was a patch change for keymap files between MediaPortal versions that we didn't catch. Glad it is working now.

Status update for the CouchPotato:
    I am testing different gestures to allow controlling the basic features (navigation, ok, back, play, pause, volume, ...) without looking at the phone all the time.

It already feels quite good but there are some problems I have to solve (some gestures still trigger the normal buttons, others prevent the buttons from being pressed or delay the touches too much). I have to find a good way so that both input methods work well next to each other.

Also I have some more small ideas and bugs to fix that I want to inclulde in CouchPotato 1.1.

After this I will focus on the iPad version, as this seems to be the feature you all are waiting for. Please note that this may take some time because I have to figure out a concept that works well on the iPad and after that have to integrate it in the current code.

Thanks for your support and the kind words and reviews! It really makes me happy to be in such a great community :D

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Just bought the app and love it, left a 5 star review. Not sure it will replace my beloved Logitech Harmony but this is a really cool concept and I won't be able to resist showing this off to my friends :)

I notice there is one button unused between the OK and the right arrow. It would be great to be able to assign a key to it, for example I use subtitles a lot (specially with american movies as sometimes I struggle with the accent) so being able to assign "L" to this key would be very helpful. What do you think?

Cheers,

:D

JM

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I notice there is one button unused between the OK and the right arrow. It would be great to be able to assign a key to it, for example I use subtitles a lot (specially with american movies as sometimes I struggle with the accent) so being able to assign "L" to this key would be very helpful. What do you think?

Hey JM,

that is exactly what I had planned for that button, maybe in one variation or the other.
    Still have to figure out how to best do it and get some other stuff out of the way.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I could not resist to steal DieBaggers method of translating his aMPdroid app ... if you would like to have CouchPotato in your language you can now add your translation!

To start translating, you need to create an account at mygengo.com and "Request Access" to the project CouchPotato. Add your forum username and the language you would like to add/edit in the request comments. After you have been granted access rights to a language you can edit the different strings in the mygengo webinterface.

Please note that %something is a placeholder in the iOS programming language. If you see %@ or similar in the translations this will be replaced in the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom