Couple of questions on guide and audio channels (1 Viewer)

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just a couple making the leap in to MP2 from MP1. First impressions I like it, so much smoother. When TV setup is included in the MP2 program as opposed to launching a separate programme it will be fab.

1 How do i organise my guide so it shows in the correct order i set it to in TV Setup. I spent ages numbering the UK Freesat channels 101, 102 etc but go in to MP2 it looks alphabetical. How do i adjust so it reads in the 101 102 103 order?

2. I have some HD DVD recording from Windows MCE but MP2 plays the audio desctiptive audio channel and i cant find how to select a different audio channel.

3. Keep up the great work.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    2. I have some HD DVD recording from Windows MCE but MP2 plays the audio desctiptive audio channel and i cant find how to select a different audio channel.
    You can change the audio stream by pressing the "Info" button on a MCE compatible remote (during playback the video in full screen). It will bring a player configuration pop up in where you can select the audio stream. The player configuration menu can by also activated by pressing right mouse button.

Attachments

• player_config.png
      player_config.png
      20.6 KB
    • choose_audio_stream.png
      choose_audio_stream.png
      32 KB

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    I found the context menu but it wasnt giving me an option to select a different audio stream

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    What format (extension) have this file? I guess it is .wtv as you record it with WMC? I use for my recordings TS Doctor, its not free, but its working very good. I think it should be capable to cut WMC recordings. You can test it for free for 30 days. If not, then I found on google an an app for WMC recordings, its called MCEBuddy.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Just tried MCEbuddy again its a converter not a cutter. I'll have a look for another. Played the WTV files in PowerDVD and Windows Media Player and both played the audio descriptive channel. The film was recorded from BBC1 HD some time ago in Windows MCE (Windows7) Any ideas on the guide layout. It seems to ignore the channel numbers i gave the channels in setup.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    found a cutter but it didnt copy the two tracks across with WTV.

Playing the video in VLC Player does allow me to select the different tracks, the first is labelled NAR the second ENG

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi pigboy306,

I've done some research about .wtv. I think it's not necessary to upload a sample. If I read it right, then for the .wtv format there is no splitter available. Without a splitter which could split the two audio stream its not possible to choose between the two.
    I guess it would be better for you if you convert the .wtv files to an other container like .ts. or .mkv. There are few tools with which you can do this, like MC-TVConverter. After that you would be able to choose the audio stream. Or you could during the converting simply delete the descriptive channel.

Any ideas on the guide layout. It seems to ignore the channel numbers i gave the channels in setup.
    Sorry, can't help you with that, I fear it's currently a "limitation" of the MP2 client. Unless @morpheus_xx knows better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom